Thread: Local authority atlas system.

Local authority atlas system.

Hi

Hoping someone on here can help. My daughter was awarded dla about 6 weeks ago, the local authority have asked for a copy of her award letter to be handed in. I am still waiting for a copy to be sent to me! I have rang dla several times and they say they have resent.
    The main problem is the LA have suspended my claim until they get this information.

Should the Atlas system they use not have sent them this information already, in that they can see what my child's award is etc?

It seems that ATLAS (automated transfers to local authority systems) is still not working as intended in a lot of cases.

This could be further complicated in that new DLA claims currently only apply to children under 16 years of age and so may not be recognised by the ATLAS system. (Anyone over 16 now claims PIP).

I assume that you are saying your LA have 'suspended' a housing/council benefit tax claim, if your daughters DLA award is new then is this a new claim that has yet to start or have they stopped an existing claim because of a change of circumstances?

Call me cynical but I would not rely on ATLAS you need to get the award letter to forward to your LA.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    It seems that ATLAS (automated transfers to local authority systems) is still not working as intended in a lot of cases.

This could be further complicated in that new DLA claims currently only apply to children under 16 years of age and so may not be recognised by the ATLAS system. (Anyone over 16 now claims PIP).

I assume that you are saying your LA have 'suspended' a housing/council benefit tax claim, if your daughters DLA award is new then is this a new claim that has yet to start or have they stopped an existing claim because of a change of circumstances?

Call me cynical but I would not rely on ATLAS you need to get the award letter to forward to your LA.
    They have suspended my claim which is about a year old because I informed them of my daughters dla award, which started a few weeks ago. They said I need to provide them with proof of this. I am still waiting doran award notice and of course as soon as I get it I will take it to them.

I thought the atlas system updated all dwp benefits to the local authority therefor they should be able to see this award without me taking them a copy?
    They certainly seem to be able to see my tax credits info.

Thanks for help

Have you considered showing them a bank statement with the payments going in? This could be sufficient for them to know that you are telling the truth.

Quote Originally Posted by keithl View Post
    Have you considered showing them a bank statement with the payments going in? This could be sufficient for them to know that you are telling the truth.
    They have copies of my latest bank statement. But are insisting on a copy of the dla award. I have no idea why they can't see this electronically or why they have suspended my claim, the dla should have no bearing on my hb claim?