Thread: Query re motability car offer updates

Question Query re motability car offer updates

Hello everyone

I am new to motability and wondered if there is a huge difference on new / deleted cars from quarter to quarter? The reason I ask is that I had hoped to sign up to getting a Ford Kuga but I am still waiting for the entitlement certificate to arrive and it's looking very unlikely to arrive before the end of September which is when the list is updated. The deposit price has gone down for the specification that we wanted too over the last few weeks and there is a enhanced pack thrown in if we order before the end of September - again not likely so just wondering if the new list changes drastically. I'd hate to get to October and the car that we have researched is no longer available on the scheme.

Can anyone shed any light?

Ford generally don't drastically change their prices, however I cannot guarantee that they won't on this occasion.
    Also unless the car is close to the £2k limit they won't generally remove it from the scheme.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Thanks Paul. We finally got the correct updated letter and have been to see the car we want but having a few problems ordering as apparently there isn't a kuga in the country in the model we want without the expensive extras and they aren't able to order a new one because of something to do with Ford changing the engines and motability not updating their computer systems. .. sounds a bit fishy to me lol. Expecting a call today as Ford say they're going to follow up with head office. Hopefully they'll remember to ring me today :/

Quote Originally Posted by Carrera74 View Post
    We finally got the correct updated letter
    Finally! It took much longer than it should for DWP to correct the paperwork after putting the wrong start date on the initial PIP decision. Well done on your persistence.

I hope there's good news when Ford gets back to you.

I say corrected updated letter. What they have actually sent is a letter saying what the entitlement is and a separate letter which is the certificate of entitlement so I can tax the car. I received s call from the dwp last nightto sadvise that due to the time it has taken they are making a special payment of £ 50 to which I replied I just want a new amended letter which I am assured is now finally on its way! I also have a direct line to her and she said to ring her if it doesn't arrive by the end of the week. Amazing what a moan to my mp does!

Just spoken to Ford and they can't order the vehicle we want as Ford are changing the engine slightly so have to wait til 1 October and he couldn't tell me if it's the same price or if the extra appearance pack would be included still. Bit naffed off as we'd likely have the car we wanted if the original letter had been correct back in July!

Will have to wait a week and hope it's the same deal on the new list. If it's not one thing it's another!

Ford are changing their engines, the following all get increases in Power and Economy and a reduction in Emissions.

The 1.6 Diesel is being scrapped in favour of a new 1.5 Diesel.

The 1.6 Petrol is being replaced by the 1.0 Ecoboost.

The 2.0 Diesel is having slight improvements to power and economy.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Just spoken to Ford and they can't order the vehicle we want as Ford are changing the engine slightly so have to wait til 1 October and he couldn't tell me if it's the same price or if the extra appearance pack would be included still. Bit naffed off as we'd likely have the car we wanted if the original letter had been correct back in July!

Will have to wait a week and hope it's the same deal on the new list. If it's not one thing it's another!
    I too was looking at the Kuga and was told almost he same thing, only Kuga's that maybe available came with expensive extra's and would be in a colour not of my choosing.
    Looked at a VW tiguan and after a test drive have decided this is the car for me and no trouble with ordering one in the colour and trim of my choosing.

Has anyone got first hand experience of having one or any opinion that they could share with me.

Regards Phil

Thanks Paul. You know more than the garage! Don't suppose you know if the price is going to go up or if the appearance pack will be included come 1st October do you?

I haven't seen that model Phil Will have a Google

Thanks Paul. You know more than the garage! Don't suppose you know if the price is going to go up or if the appearance pack will be included come 1st October do you?

I haven't seen that model Phil Will have a Google
    Check out the Motability web site cars and wav's will give a good idea of pricing then check out the spec on vw.uk site, note my dealer offered £250.00 off the price of the a/p.