Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just when I was getting back to normal..

Just when I was getting back to normal..

Just when I thought everything was going to be ok, I decided to go out last night for a much-needed catch up with friends...

What happened?
    I fell UP a step, and now appear to have screwed up my left knee. Not anywhere near as bad as the right one originally was, but..

I'm thinking I'm going to need a lot of Physiotherapy trying to pluck up the courage to go to the hospital to get it checked out as I'm sleeping on the sofa tonight so I can make it to the toilet if need be Think I may have ruptured a ligament. My knee is currently stable and isn't giving way, so I don't think it's *that* bad, I just can't straighten or bend my knee fully.

So disheartening as this is the second time I've had a freak accident. Why can't things ever just be..normal for me?

{{{{flower}}}} - so sorry you've got another problem to deal with.

Please get medical attention as soon as possible. If you have damaged your knee, it might speed your recovery if you are seen quickly. I know it's hard to get to hospital - I'm thinking of you.

I know you don't like going out but A&E most deffo. Is it swollen? hurt like a bugger? bruised? you need to get it looked at. Meanwhile keep it up on the sofa, DON'T try & walk on it and apply ice!

So sorry to hear of your accident flower. Please try and get it checked out as you may need some treatment for it. Hope you are not in too much pain. Sending hugs xx
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I'll be going to hospital over the weekend if my left knee doesn't seem any better...I panic with hospitals as they are usually really busy as it's the only A&E department in Nottingham. Very, very bad experience last time..Nurses etc didn't understand that I can not cope with busy waiting rooms, yet insisted I stayed there having a panic attack in front of everyone..because I struggled to get my point across (I was on my own) and my mother was furious when she finally arrived.

I remember when I hurt my right knee, there wasn't really anything they could do at the hospital until i'd had a scan, and even then I had to wait for weeks to get one. I ended up with my whole leg in plaster just to make my knee stable.

It is slightly swollen, it hurts like a b**ch, but it isn't bruised as of yet. Although, if it was going to come out in a bruise, it would have already as I bruise so easily.

My mum thinks that it'd be easier for me to see my doctor, who would definitely push through for an emergency MRI scan.

Thanks for all your support, guys means a lot.

Aww bless you. I hope you will get your knee check out, I hate hospitals myself. I do suffer from anxiety myself, I know exactly how you feel. Can you make emergency doctor appointment, first thing on Monday morning? If it get very swollen, go to A&E with your mum or a friend. Take care.

My doctor is only there on a Tuesday and I can't see an unfamiliar doctor...

The swelling has not got any worse, luckily.

Still may need an Xray. Easy to do the ligaments in with knees.

It's probably a soft tissue injury and will take time, lots of time, probably 4 weeks. I get these quite often and they don't half hurt. No need for hospital unless you think you have broken a bone. Take more pain killers and ............ wait. Medics can't do more. Hope this suggestion is correct, it is what I would do.

RICE
    rest,ice,compression,elevation