Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: saturday night boredom!

saturday night boredom!

Doing a lot of thinking and music sorting tonight.

So far..I have listened (very briefly) to about 200 CD's with no labels on them, so I'm currently labelling them and so on.

Come across some interesting stuff. Cassettes in the form of Led Zep, smashing pumpkins, even the rumours album by Fleetwood Mac. I must find a way to copy them to a CD!

What does everyone else do on friday/saturday nights?

Nothing but stare at the laptop screen getting more and more bored week in week out.

Quite a big telly night for me, Dr. Who, X factor, casualty

Have do confess, TV has been a bit dire of late but Come On! its Dr Who time and Strictly is back next week.........squeals! thats me a happy bunny. Theres always Netflix. And also DVD's, cinema, listen to music, read a good book, talk to folks (even if only on phone...or here.....)

My problem is I can't watch tv as I can't cope with the noise and movement and can't concentrate enough plus my memory is so bad I can't remember what I have seen immediately after the event. If it was left to me I wouldn't even have one in the house.

I've pretty much given up on CDs - I have a Spotify Premium account and find that suffices for music. The interface and organisation of Spotify isn't the best for all genres (it's not good for classical music, where a recording might be indexed by composer, orchestra or conductor) and you do get albums with one or more tracks missing. Still, I find Spotify a great way to listen to recorded music.

I find I don't get time to get bored - I have so much to do but am limited by my strength. I should be taking my next degree exams next Thursday, but my health has crumpled and I've spent most of the past three weeks in bed. It looks like I might be battling an infection and I was put on antibiotics on Friday.

I'd encourage anyone to try some study if they're regularly getting bored. There's quite a few free online courses, giving an opportunity to try something new.

There's also loads of volunteer opportunities around, some of which are things you can do from home.

It's tempting to live a very "safe" life when illness or disability strikes, avoiding all forms of challenge. I'm glad I found the confidence to push myself to do things again. I get it wrong sometimes and find my health means I have to step back, but I have to remember that life is about making the most of my potential and I am not to blame for the limits my health places on me.

Flymo. I used to fill my time doing volunteer work but that has now had to end because of the excruciating pain that can't be controlled and my mobility is now down to zilch. As for studying apart from being a little long in the tooth my memory is so bad I retain nothing.
    Hopefully within the next 3 months I will be able to resume some of that work.
    Off to N Yorkshire with our dog today until Saturday although other than being stuck in my wheelchair I really don't know what I will do.

Wishing you the best of luck for your exams. You do battle on regardless.

Good luck with your exams Flymo!

This attempt at the exam has gone - I expect to be medically certified as incapable of this attempt next week. I'm only managing 15 minutes out of bed at a time. Even if I had prepared properly (which I haven't - I've been too poorly to look at my notes for the past three weeks), I'm not well enough for the demands of the exam itself as I'm horribly weak.

However, I won't be beaten. This means I will have to do things the hard way, moving on to new topics and taking this exam early next year, but it can't be helped.

At least I'm not lying in bed with my eyes rolling back, as I was yesterday afternoon.

Oh Dear, poor you, have a (((hug))) hope someone is looking after you