Thread: Motability Car and DLA payments

Motability Car and DLA payments

My 3 year Motability car lease ran out 31st August,
    our new Motability car the Leaf Tekna has not arrived at the Dealership yet, not sure if it will be in tomorrow Friday, when the Dealer does get it will be another 4 days to sort out the paperwork, with DVLA and Motability, so if we are lucky we may get the car around the 12th, if we are lucky no promises.

As we have purchased our Motability car for our daughter, we have no car on the scheme until I put in the PIN number and collect the new Motability car.

so who is getting/entitled to my HRM DLA payment, from 1st Sept upto when I put in my Pin and so take out a new Motability Lease ?

I do not mind how long i wait for the new car as the dealer has given us a new Leaf to use (for FREE ) until we receive our New Motability car.

Any Thouhts anyone ?
    Last edited by Popeye; 04-09-14 at 21:38.

What would normally happen is if your new car is not ready by the end of your lease then you lease is extended until your new car is ready.

Since it sounds as if your dealer has given you a replacement car then I would think he will be charging Motability for the hire of this car. So your Mobility component will still be going to Motability to cover this and when you get your new car the payments will continue to them so that your contract will carry on seamlessly.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I see things the other way up to Kodiak.

The purchase of your last Motability car appears to have terminated that lease agreement and should restore your entitlement to your Mobility component payments. If this is correct, there is no way for the dealer to charge Motability for the hire as there is no old lease to extend.

When you enter the PIN for your new car, Motability will be entitled to your Mobility component for that lease agreement.

If this analysis is correct, there will be a short period in which you are entitled to your Mobility component. As it takes some time for payment to be restored (and Motability might be hanging on in raising the notification to DWP knowing that you intend to take a new car in the scheme), it may well be that you receive this Mobility component as a lump sum at some point in the future.

I wouldn't rush into chasing up Mobility component payments, as that could mess up more than it sorts out. When you have your new car, I'd contact Motability to find out what is happening about the break between the two agreements. If Motability are not entitled to your Mobility component for any period, they can then raise a notification to DWP for the exact period you should be paid your Mobility component. It's possible Motability will come to some alternative arrangement if you are owed anything. As Motability would have any overpayment of your Mobility component, it might be possible for them to pay you directly, but you would have too ask Motability about that.

spot on Flymo, as usual,

My DLA benefit has norhing to do with a car dealer, he gave me a demeonstration vehicle as our new lease car is not there as promised, actually doimg the dealer a favour, advertiseing their 100% electric car, lol

I am going to wait and calculate my Mobility benefit from 1st September to the day I put my PIN to activate my new lease,

and then ask Motability if they have had MY benefit money if they have not I will then contact DWP

Well I took delivery of the Nissan 100% electric car today 12th Sept.

Monday I will be ringing Motability to enquire who has my 11 days HRM of DLA money,

oh yes, the LEAF is lovely, lol

Popeye, also remember that about two weeks after you bought the car off Motability you will receive a Cheque for £250 as a 'good condition' bonus. It actually doesn't matter what state the car was in when you bought it - you still get the bonus.

Could you start a new thread about your experience of using an all electric car as I'm sure many members would be interested to know the pros and cons of running such a vehicle.

yes, I have already received the £250 cheque,put it in the bank last Monday 7th received on the 5th Sept.

and yes, will keep you all posted on our live with a LEAF.

Popeye, come to think of it Nissen offer a petrol driven courtesy car to electric car users for that special time when you'll travel further than a Leaf can cover - but only at weekends.

I think they offer free breakdown cover and free battery charge at their garages too.

Is that right.