Thread: Warm Homes Discount

Warm Homes Discount

Ages ago I was looking through the EDF site and came across a page to claim for the warm homes discount.

I filled it in for my daughter and heard nothing.
    Chased it up via phone today - it seems that I filled it in too early so it 'could be lost'

Anyway it's done now via the phone.

I also pointed out to the person on the other end of the phone that others may think they had applied for it as well.

It seems it was my fault though as according to her I should have waited 'for the letter'?

My point is they shouldn't have the link there until it is time to fill it in.

It's mis-leading.
    Sea Queen

I got an email from Scottish Power last week reminding me to re-apply for the warm home discount, SP still do theirs with an online form not a phone call.

If you have never had this its worth applying for with you electricity supplier.
    I should get £140 off my bill next January. (It was £135 last year and £130 the previous).

Be aware that its up to them to decide and they have a set amount to use, once that runs out thats it for new claims that year, so no gaurentee, but if you're on ESA, IB, DLA, or PIP you should get it no problem.

Look on your electrcity bill or your providers website to find out how to apply.

Yes my daughter got it last year so I am hoping she will again this year, not as yet had a letter or email but as it's been done over the phone at least I know it will be looked at
    Sea Queen