Thread: How do I inform the DWP of a change of address

How do I inform the DWP of a change of address

I am writing on behalf of a relative who is pretty much incapable of organising themselves and cannot find the document listing what they must do to inform the DWP of a change of address. They are on ESA/Incapacity benefit. Does anybody know who they should write to / telephone? Sorry if it seems a ridiculous request, but that's mental illness for you! Thanks in advance.

FYI I think it's 08456 060 265 wherever you are in the UK. It's the Department of Pensions.

No question is ridiculous. Sometimes mental health problems throw up very real situations like this that, when solved, can make such a difference.

The correct number to call, according to gov.uk, is 0345 608 8545. If your relative hasn't got an up to date letter confirming which benefit (s)he is receiving and what the weekly amount is, it would be worth asking for one at the same time as notifying the change of address.