Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 9101112 LastLast

Thread: Apple iphone6 launch on Wed 9 Sept '14

Just for laughs, the first example of your duplicate post has a pound sign and the second has a ?, catlover. There definitely are a few gremlins since the forum was resurrected.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I'm definitely thinking of upgrading to the iphone 5s now that I have a pip backpayment. But I'm not rushing into as I have other priorities. But there seems little point in paying out ?150 to get the wifi function working on my 4s when I could put that money towards a new phone.
    Don't bother trying to update iPhone 4s as you should be able to get at least an unlocked iPhone 5 32GB for £200

The iPhone 5 is exactly the same spec as the iPhone 5C. I would have sold you my old iPhone for £150 as a mates price - bit late now.

Best priced iphone5
    - 4G Enabled
    - go for 32MB if you have lots of Apps or music
    - you can download very latest iPhone software to use on iPhone 5 which you can't with iPhone 4s.
    - iPhone 5 has metal case just like iPhone 5S

- built in wi-fi so you don't use much data
    - SIM only deals on 4G network from £10

My nano SIM only deal with EE is expensive at £13 a month for unlimited calls/text and 500MB. I will haggle in January and get more discount!

The iPhone 6 and OS8 software still surprises. A friend called today and as I was on the Mac. The call transferred to the computer and I took the mobile call via the computer - spooky

It's not the 5 I want , LT, it's the 5s (not 5c). Will give me 4G with my existing network (giff gaff on O2).

IOS8 software is available to me on my 4s but I cannot download without wifi (was prompted last night to update to 8.1.1). Mind you, last time there was a big download to IOS I hated the new version for ages so probably best stick with what I've got for now!

well this is very odd. The same thing is happening as happened yesterday. I got to click on submit reply and get a message that I have to wait for 30 seconds between posts. But it's over 30 seconds since I last posted I think but lo and behold my post has already submitted even though I had not pressed submit. So something is causing posts to be posted without clicking on submit reply.

Interestingly I have noticed that the pound sign glitch, and the other glitches, only seem to be affecting things if I am using Internet Explorer as a browser.

If I switch to my Firefox browser then all appears as it should be.

Don't know if thats of any help to to Admin in sorting it out.

Interestingly I have noticed that the pound sign glitch, and the other glitches, only seem to be affecting things if I am using Internet Explorer as a browser.

If I switch to my Firefox browser then all appears as it should be.

Don't know if thats of any help to Admin in sorting it out.

Double posts too and the icons are not in the quick reply box.

As I say the problems seem to be mainly with Internet Explorer, especialy my older version running on XP.

I was having problems earlier, no Icons, posts not seeming to be made but then appearing twice, reply with quote not working, etc.
    So I have switched to Firefox and everything is as it should be; or at least it seems to be for now.

Ebay refund

Just to let you know how things are going. Ebay has promised to refund my PayPal account by midnight tonight.

What I don't understand is that in this digital age something as simple as a refund or payment can be made instantly yet they mess around as if they are processing a cheque - unbelieveable!

No doubt Paypal will mess me around too.

I thought my phone was a high price sale until a friend of mine told me that they sold their car on eBay!

I bet you'll be sat by your computer at 12.01 to check whether the refund has been made!