Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Apple iphone6 launch on Wed 9 Sept '14

You've got to be careful with new phones. It was very easy to connect the iphone 6 to my photos, emails and contacts as they were held in the icloud. I just had a request to upgrade my iphone software to 8.1which is fine. But I also requested to join the new icloud Drive that backs your phone up and allows you to work on the same document from any device. Great. Only this appears to be a long job and my phone wants to go to sleep - if I had but known!!

I should have stuck to the simple free upgrade. We live but do we ever learn!!

Don't forget - if you have an Apple iPhone 5 or above you can download the new system software for your phone through iTunes
    http://www.apple.com/uk/ios/

That was a fright!!!

Ebay sent me an invoice for £253 for trying to sell my phone - what a cheek!

Luckily I was able to talk briefly to one of their customer service team who wiped the slate clean.

I think in one of the two fraudulent auctions they must have billed me for selling my iPhone at the silly bid price of £8,000!

I'll never use Ebay again as I easily sold the phone to my local post master when putting up a 'for sale' card in the window.

I'm still in awe of the customer liaison staff - so calm, friendly and efficient - all about putting the customer first.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Ebay sent me an invoice for £253 for trying to sell my phone - what a cheek!
    More than you got for the phone itself?

I have to admit that following your journey as a first time seller on ebay has confirmed that I won't be touching it.

Postcards in the newsagents for me too.

What coulld be worse!
    Despite eBay saying all charges have been dropped for the failed sale of my iPhone - PayPal has withdrawn ?250 from my Bank Account without my authority. That's even despite the fact that EBay haven't asked for it.

Whatever you do don't try to sell anything expensive through EBay via PayPal - what a mess and I guarantee they won't be crediting my bank account as quickly as they took it!

Daylight robbery done digitally!!!

Check your PayPal account to confirm whether the withdrawal was on behalf of eBay. If so, get on to eBay and get them to reverse the charge.

If you want to take a more hardball approach, remove all cards from your PayPal account, contact your bank to reverse the debit under the Direct Debit Guarantee (make sure you read the Direct Debit Guarantee first to check it covers the scenario you are in) and then cancel the Direct Debit to PayPal. The problem is that this will likely lead to PayPal starting debt recovery action against you for the ?50 in fairly short order.

I'd go down the consensual route first, not least because you gave no consideration (promise or payment) for eBay's promise to cancel the charges, so there is no contract compelling eBay to cancel the charges.

Thanks Flymo.

I phoned Paypal who then put me through to Ebay customer services who looked into my account. They say they will credit my PayPal account to the tune of 250 then I can ask PayPal to credit my choosen Bank Account.

I guess it's just a waiting game as to when eBay press a button to credit PayPal.

I'll let you know if they stick to their word!

I'm definitely thinking of upgrading to the iphone 5s now that I have a pip backpayment. But I'm not rushing into as I have other priorities. But there seems little point in paying out £150 to get the wifi function working on my 4s when I could put that money towards a new phone.

I'm definitely thinking of upgrading to the iphone 5s now that I have a pip backpayment. But I'm not rushing into as I have other priorities. But there seems little point in paying out ?150 to get the wifi function working on my 4s when I could put that money towards a new phone.

there are gremilins in the works today! first I couldn't reply with quote on another thread then this has posted twice. Hmm...