Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: whatever happened to the scheme land rover were going to start?

whatever happened to the scheme land rover were going to start?

Hi guys!

Does anyone remember hearing that land rover were going to come off the motability scheme but start their own?

I've called around 6 dealerships and no one has ever heard of it but then on the other hand I know of someone who has gone through this scheme - I even contacted the dealership he told me about and they denied any knowledge!

Regards

Effkay

Effkay, here in Bournemouth they are offering the range rover evoque with a £8000 down payment!
    They are based in Christchurch,Bournemouth.

Slightly outrageous pricing. Motability wouldn't fund this model as it's a luxury car and the deposit would be at least four times bigger than allowed plus the monthly recharges would be too high.

http://www.hunterslandrover.co.uk/sp...rs/evoque.aspx

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Slightly outrageous pricing. Motability wouldn't fund this model as it's a luxury car and the deposit would be at least four times bigger than allowed plus the monthly recharges would be too high.

http://www.hunterslandrover.co.uk/sp...rs/evoque.aspx
    Excellent car and not a bad deposit. Remember you don't need to get a car through Motability and if you can afford it, there are better deals out there for the same money, yes not with insurance etc, but still better spec and choice than Motabilities outrageous maximum price ceiling which penalises auto drivers.

I am looking at this for my next car http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...ate.flash.html

E220 SE with all the trimmings, £5,000 down and £359 a month. I know I can get an even better deal through defence discount services

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    Excellent car and not a bad deposit. Remember you don't need to get a car through Motability and if you can afford it, there are better deals out there for the same money, yes not with insurance etc, but still better spec and choice than Motabilities outrageous maximum price ceiling which penalises auto drivers.

I am looking at this for my next car http://www2.mercedes-benz.co.uk/cont...ate.flash.html

E220 SE with all the trimmings, £5,000 down and £359 a month. I know I can get an even better deal through defence discount services
    £5,000 for a Deposit, are you for real? Most people who who get a Motability car would not be able to pay that. For my last car I had to pay an AP of £595 and for me to be able to pay that it took me over 20 months to save up.

If I could afford to pay £5000 for a Deposit I would not even think of trying to get get a Car from a Charity like Motability, I would just buy a car.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

We are all different, we all have different needs, and we all have different circumstances, BUT we are all disabled.
    Please don't attack each other.

It's important to remember that a lot of Motability customers are employed full-time, I believe it's roughly 20% of all working age customers*. A small percentage of those would be able to afford the £5000 deposit, or at least be able to put it on a credit card and pay it off over the year).

You just don't know people's circumstances. He may own his house and not need to pay £1000/month mortgage? He may not have kids (which are damn expensive), he may have got a substantial pay out from the armed forces for an injury?

If we weren't solely living off my wage whilst my wife is on adoption leave, we could probably afford a £2-3k deposit and £300 per month expenses on a private car, but that would have to include insurance too.

Remember that the Motability scheme keeps a lot of people in work, he may be able to afford the deposit but the monthly payment is predominantly made up of his benefit payment.

*You can use the statistics in this FOI request
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    We are all different, we all have different needs, and we all have different circumstances, BUT we are all disabled.
    Please don't attack each other.

^^^ +1

What Paul said, we should be supporting each other as best we can.

Thank you guys. Yes I work, full time, yes I can afford the deposit. Am I less disabled? No. I need a vehicle as i am up able to walk any distance, Do I pay shed loads of tax? Yes. Is motability means tested? No.
    Could I cone out the scheme and get my own car? Yes and I might, dies that mean I won't get the allowance? No, not at all.
    Better that I use the allowance for motability to put into the scheme than go separate and they fet no money?

Each to there own and if someone wants to pay a large deposit who are we to question it.I personally wouldn't pay more than £750 which means in reality £500 with the £250 cheque refund.But saying that if a suitable car isn't in that price range we would have to pay a bigger deposit.

I had no choice but to spend £1972.50 (£1600 + options) on my AP last time around, and that was cheapest option for me.

This time I can't afford it and therefore I won't be having a Motability car.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs