Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Unable to post or start threads again

Same here Catlover (I love them too!). I've had CCleaner since it first came out and use it regularly, no matter what I did I still couldn't post or create a new thread on any of our PC's or laptops, Smartphone and tablet were fine (both Android).

I have been able to see the 'reply' window ever since this particular thread was opened.

Personally I doubt that the problem some users are experiencing is connected with cookies. It may well be that the Forum Administrator was playing with the forum configuration. Thus far the only participants in this thread have been either 'Members' or 'Senior Members'. Is there an 'Administrator' active on this forum who could comment?

I've just posted a reply to this discussion which will not become visible until a moderator has approved it. None of my previous postings were subject to 'approval', which is thus indicative that the forum configuration is being tinkered with.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    I've just posted a reply to this discussion which will not become visible until a moderator has approved it. None of my previous postings were subject to 'approval', which is thus indicative that the forum configuration is being tinkered with.
    This isn't a new thing and has happened to quite a few people so i doubt this is the problem.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisD View Post
    This will be the spam-o-matic that is running to keep spammers and spam posts away.
    It can sometimes flag up posts that are in no way spam.
    One typical setting is if you have less than 10 posts and try to post a weblink or image then the post will need to be approved before it goes on show.

It can be a bit annoying when your post gets moderated, but its better than having the forum flooded with advertising spam or worse.

EDIT
    This post got moderated too; guess the admin is changing the settings.
    Last edited by nukecad; 30-08-14 at 15:49.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    This isn't a new thing and has happened to quite a few people so i doubt this is the problem.
    There's a word filter in operation, which I have now realised is the reason my posting timestamped "Today 03.54 PM" needed approval. Interestingly someone else responded after your message, but disappeared while I made myself a cup of tea before posting this message !!!!!

Regarding a small number of users being unable to post new threads, or reply to threads.

As nukecad has posted some of these problems may be caused by conflicts between the mobile and the standard versions of the software. There are also reports that if you are replying to a post containing a video it can cause a similar error. Clearing the cache can help as can trying a different browser.

Admin has not been making any changes to the site so it is probably due to new versions of browsers. Admin will keep a look out on the vBulletin forum and post again if I have anything to update.