Thread: Payment after death ???

Payment after death ???

Hi, first post so I will try and provide as much info as possible.

My mum passed away four months ago and I as her appointee dealt with all her affairs as she was a widow and we lived togather in belfast Northern Ireland.
    Well there has been a payment of £190.84 being paid into her post office account from she passed away and I had phoned the bereavement line on the understanding that they will contact all departments, ie dla, esa and her ssa retirement pension.

That was done and confirmed and a bereavement payment was made towards burial costs and I got letters from esa and dla about over payments which were payed back at £102 each but there is still a payment being made into her account of £190.84 and I've phoned all the deparments and no one knows of these payments of which now total around £720.

Mum was 60 when she passed and was on middle rate mobility and high rate care dla, esa income related support group with severve disability premium and received ssa retirement payment.

If anyone has any info or dealings of this I would be greatful for some info.

Thank you.

Can the Post Office not tell you where this money is comming from?

Just don't withdraw any of it.
    Look on the letters your mum had about her payments that should give you the address/phone number to contact.
    Sea Queen

The post Office should be able to tell you where the money came from, if it was a DWP payment and from which dept.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Dohhhh sorry about not replying as I forgot I posted this (stroke=forgetfulness lol) and only seen it after googling the amount paid.

Well they are still paying it and the post office is being very awkward to say the least regarding security and me being empty headed now ain't helping.
    think I have all the security answers now so will update soon.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by smokie899 View Post
    Dohhhh sorry about not replying as I forgot I posted this (stroke=forgetfulness lol) and only seen it after googling the amount paid.

Well they are still paying it and the post office is being very awkward to say the least regarding security and me being empty headed now ain't helping.
    think I have all the security answers now so will update soon.

Thanks.
    The reason they are still paying in the money is because you need to get a special form from the post office, for them to stop the payments. I have just found this out whilst helping to sort out my fathers estate. It seems as if even if you tell the dwp money is still paid in until you tell the post office to stop the payments. The system is mad.