Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Supersession

Supersession

Good afternoon, I've put through I've been told what is called a supersession with pip due to change of circumstances as my health has now worsened. I was originally awarded standard rate 10 points for daily living and standard rate 10 points for mobility. I only had my first medical with Atos in February this year. Has anyone else been in a similar situation I'm scared now I may lose all my benefit. Thankyou .

When asking for any kind of review of an ongoing award it is always possible to come off worse than that initial award, but quite rare. As you have already scored quite highly for both components I think you'll be OK, particularly if you've provided further supporting evidence.

Best of luck with it

Thankyou so much for taking the time to reply to me. Much appreciated. I have had quite a few appointments with my doctor and he has since referred me for injections for both my knees because of of the pain. Thanks again I will keep you updated x

Good luck Minnirodg. I hope it works out for you.

Thanks AlisonM. I'm just worried now as to wether I've done the right thing as its all new to me and they state you must update them of any changes.

Anything can happen on supersession on change of circumstances - the award can be increased, reduced or removed altogether. A new decision is made in the light of the new information.

What point are you up to with the change of circumstances?

Reply supersession

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    Anything can happen on supersession on change of circumstances - the award can be increased, reduced or removed altogether. A new decision is made in the light of the new information.

What point are you up to with the change of circumstances?
    Hi flymo,
    I contacted the the DWP in April just gone via telephone call and to confirm what I had explained over the telephone I put in writing to them. I then received a form to complete which took me over a week to complete as I can only write so much each day. They received this 31st July. I have had my medication changed to higher dosage since being awarded back in March 14 and only recently my doctor has referred me for physio and injections in both knees. I suffer with severe osteoarthritis in both knees and my hands and can only walk 10m then need to rest then another 8M with a stick and then feel physically sick and in pain atos previously said they decided I could stand then move using an aid or appliance more than 20 but no more than 50M. I have since worsened. I also attended physio for the first time 2 weeks ago and even I came out I felt nausea and very tired and could not make it bk to my next appointment this week. Sorry for all the information but is this what you mean by where I'm up to as I would imagine I will be waiting for asos to get in touch now? Would that be the case Thankyou Flymo

There is no certainty that you will have a new face to face assessment - it might be that they decide to look at your reported change of circumstances alongside your previous assessment report.

Ultimately, the only way to find out what is happening is to ask DWP and, if relevant, ATOS. As you are well aware, anything relating to PIP assessment or decision making is typically quite slow at present, so it may be some time before you get a new decision.

Thankyou flymo for your advice. Would I ring DWP and ask them if I would need to go for another face to face assessment? Can you do this? And also if I were successful do you know if they may backdate any additional monies owing if I informed them in April? Thankyou Min

Any increase in PIP would be backdated to when you first reported your change of circumstances to DWP or when your condition has been at the newly deteriorated level for three months, whichever date is later.

I would ask the PIP helpdesk if they have any information on how your change of circumstances report is being handled, in particular whether it has been passed to ATOS.