Thread: DLA Renewal - DLA form sent instead of PIP

DLA Renewal - DLA form sent instead of PIP

Hi

My daughter's current DLA award ends in December so she has just received a renewal letter with a form. We were expecting a PIP form but they had sent a DLA form "DLA1A Adult January 2014" instead. The helplines are not open at the weekend so I will have to wait till Monday to talk to them. I was just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

Thank you.

Emily

If she has been sent a DLA form, this renewal will be under the DLA system so long as the form gets back to DWP on or before the last day of her current award.

It depends where you live as to whether adult DLA renewals are under the DLA system or are a requirement to apply for PIP.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    If she has been sent a DLA form, this renewal will be under the DLA system so long as the form gets back to DWP on or before the last day of her current award.

It depends where you live as to whether adult DLA renewals are under the DLA system or are a requirement to apply for PIP.
    Thank you for your quick reply. I see - I just assumed that the PIP scheme has been rolled out nationally. Does that mean that the same rules from 5 years ago apply or had there been an update since then? I'd better look into this.

Edit: I checked if they had sent the correct form and, apparently, they had. DLA it is then!

Emily
    Last edited by EmilyRose; 18-08-14 at 12:29.