Thread: New Here - Please tell me I'm almost at the end of this very long PIP road...

New Here - Please tell me I'm almost at the end of this very long PIP road...

Hiya everyone,

I'm new here, basically I made my first phone call to PIP on 17th December 2013. I had an home assessment on 7th May. My report wasn't written up and sent off to DWP until 29th July. On 31st July DWP confirmed they had received both electronic version and paper version of my report and so my file can be sent to the decision maker.

I'm now in the 33rd week since my initial phone call. Just hoping all this waiting pays of. Fingers crossed.

Sarah

Once the file goes to a decision maker, a decision is issued in the majority of cases in less than 4 weeks. Some cases take a little longer. In a minority of cases, the decision maker needs to ask the assessment provide to correct or clarify something, which can take a lot longer.

The answer to "how long will it take?" is "as long as it takes", I'm afraid. However, it is likely you will get a decision in the next few weeks and maybe even in the next few days.

Thank you. I'll keep my fingers crossed for a decision, sooner rather than later x

If you get awarded the PIP you feel you deserve, I am sure people here will celebrate with you. If you fail to be awarded the PIP you feel you deserve, I'm sure people will do their best to help with reconsideration, which can change the outcome.

For now, you've really done all you can other than be patient. I've got my fingers crossed, Sarah, and hope for a positive result.

Have you had a letter saying they had all the info they needed, a lot of people get these, including myself. As Flymo says, the decision is usually within 4-6 weeks of DWP getting the report.
    Hopefully your wait will be over soon and you get the right decision. Good luck,
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hiya. The only letter I received is one from CAPITA acknowledging my complaint. I basically put a complaint in with them due to my assessment report still sitting on someone's desk 3 months after my assessment. The letter explained my report had been 'taken off' the original person and passed to someone else. It was then with DWP within 3 days (31st July) Apart from that I've heard nothing from anyone

Sarah xx

If they confirmed receipt of the report on 31st July then you probably will hear within the next 4 weeks. You may get the "we now have all the info we need" letter first, then it is usually pretty quick after that.
    Its bad that it has taken so long since your initial phone call to claim, but hopefully the end is in sight for you.
    Good luck and fingers crossed that you get the right result x
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Thank you. I've been really patient so far as I pretty much expected at least a 6 month wait but it's constantly on my mind now, it's affecting my mood too which isn't good as I'm a young Mom to 2 children. I've had Arthritis since I was 2 years old. Claimed DLA from then until November 2012, when they took everything (including my car) from me I did re apply straight away but in Feb last year I was refused. At the time my anxiety and panic attacks were through the roof and I wasn't mentally or physically strong enough to appeal. I now need both hips replacing and also both shoulders, I suffer chronic fatigue, IBS and anxiety. Just started back on Methotrexate which are causing terrible sicky feelings.

Anyway enough of me going on. Fingers crossed this journey is over soon, not only for me but the many other people who have been waiting an awfully long time.

Sarah xx