Thread: Scunnered again...

Scunnered again...

Was offered a free ticket the other day to the boxing and weightlifting finals today, but turned it down knowing there was no way i coulda made it through the day.
    Wise decision, but i'd MUCH rather have been there, haven't had much fun of late...
    Illegitimi non carborundum

Thatsn a real shame as it seems to have been a good finals. They young postman who won gold has gone down really well with the crowd and in his interviews for being so down to earth. Even thanking his mum for doing his washing when interviewed just after winning gold.Lol.

I've really enjoyed watching the Games, just as I did the Olympics when they were on. And Usain Bolt topped it all off. Poetry in motion to see him run again.

Yeah, thoroughly enjoyable, the gf, believe it or not, had never seen Usain Bolt running... coming off that last bend shoulder to shoulder with the English athlete (didn't catch his name) then leaving him for dead. I only wished he'd also ran in the individual events too. And of course, the crowd singing 500 miles...

Two golds for Scotland in the boxing too one presented by Dick McTaggart, who lives not far from me. I'd had my eye on Paul Conlan through the week, a Northern Irish boxer who looks to have some considerable talent, but was troubled with cuts caused by head clashes in two of his earlier fights.
    It was nice to hear Danny Boy at the boxing ring again, shame it wasn't Barry McGuigan's dad singing it...

The gymnastics have been fantastic

yeah, all the home nations seem to have done well there

I watched loads of it, considering I don't really like sports and would never watch it on TV. Same with Olympics, you just get caught up in it.

Did you watch the closing ceremony, had a lump in my throat when the woman , can't remember her name was singing the Famous Rabbie Burns poem, so famous I've now forgotten it's name as well, as they folded the flag ready to hand over to Australia.

Gold Coast looks like a terrific place to visit next time. And the weather guaranteed sunshine , not like Scotland. Wouldn't have been surprised if we'd had sleet today when those poor athletes were doing the last cycling race. Felt so sorry for them in the cold and wet, they were absolutely drenched.