Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How can I manage without my benefits?

You can claim right away, however that does not mean you will win if you cannot give them any reason why refusing was wrong. You need that information as to why they turned you down. You can ask for details relating to your claim but this can be a nightmare to get. When you appeal they have to send you the details of your case, including how they reached the decision, who they contacted & what they said. This can give you the means to fight an appeal & may give you a chance to win. Someone like the CAB can help you with an appeal, & lessen the stress.

What is the problem you are having posting a new thread?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi Stephen,I have not been on so much as wee while funds are low and have to watch how I spend wisely,I do believe we will have some where like old hospitals or old warehouses converted to a sort of workhouse for us and no doubt we will have to do the work to get accepted into these as well so make sure wheelchairs are in working order all pills take them to be strong and even those with no limbs be prepared to do some work as we are all told fit to work.
    This government is a proper farce and the people that back them are there knowing it will fill there own pockets and to hell with the ordinary people let us starve or die who cares any more.
    They talk of a 60th Jubilee which I do not mind and the Olympics and this great country,but dam the the people who struggle or dare to speak up.I could go on and on but will end for now.
    WillieJ

Your posts have been missed Willie.

You could in fact be right in a way. I can see a time when if you do not work you cannot be a part of society. We are going backwards to the days where you got nothing for nothing. I still want the point made that many of us have paid our taxes over the years. Those could not are not scroungers either.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

terrymc
    Hi Marie, I was just looking at this site on behalf of my daughter and saw your question re DLA claims. You might be interested in a site which I found and which was invaluable in getting DLA approved for my daughter when she had been refused several times. The site is www.benefitsandwork.co.uk. They provide free tips on completing paperwork in relation to DLA and ESA claims but if you are prepared to pay about £20 you can download a full guide which I found to be an absolute god send. It takes you through the form and points out the pitfalls, which are sometimes designed into the forms, and it definitely helped me to get the allowance agreed for 5 years. I'm currently using it to go through an ESA appeal as DWP have seen fit to withdraw all my daughter's benefits now!