Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pissed off with estate agents! question for Flymo

Oh yeah and one estate agent went so far as to phone the council to see what HB we would get! There was ONE picture on the website and I had not even SEEN the place. Bloody cheek! He was totally out of order.

Disabled Facilities Grants

Eligibility

You or someone living in your property must be disabled. Either you or the person you’re applying for must:

• own the property or be a tenant
    • intend to live in the property during the grant period (which is currently 5 years)

You can also apply for a grant if you’re a landlord and have a disabled tenant.
    The council needs to be happy that the work is:

• necessary and appropriate to meet the disabled person’s needs
    • reasonable and can be done - depending on the age and condition of the property

Disabled Facilities Grants are pretty much a non-starter with privately rented property.

You have to show you intend to live in the property for at least five years after it is adapted to get a grant, but almost all privately rented properties in England are let on assured shorthold tenancies with a fixed period of no more than a year. At the expiry of that fixed period, the landlord can require you to leave without giving a reason so long as he or she had given two months notice.

In addition, few landlords would be willing to allow extensive adaptations to a property without a contract backed by some sort of financial guarantee that the adaptations will be removed and the property reinstated as it was. You cannot get a grant for reinstatement costs.

Thanks Flymo . I guess that puts that idea to bed .

Thinking how Reddivine loves the outdoor life / sustainable living. Don't be offended as I rather liked the idea when I was over in Israel
    Check it out as a future adventure

http://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/...e/kibbutz.html

Scotland might be an idea if willing to uproot. Housing isn't so hard to get up here, and rents are considerably lower than England unless you choose Edinburgh or Aberdeen and near surrounding areas. There are some lovely little places all around the coastline and the natives are generally friendly.

Not sure how services are for dialysis etc compared to down South, but think they'd probably compare at the least. Social care seems to be better provided I think, maybe because the population size is so much smaller.

Of course the weather isn't brilliant , but it's very green .lol.

Yes Lighttouch.....much as i love Israel a kibbutz is for the young, strong and healthy. Added to which I rather not get blown up by rockets from Gaza, thank you.