Thread: Enhanced Disability Premium

IR Premium Top up

Hi

My friend had recently sent off a esa 3 form to get the EDP top up premium as she is currently getting ESA CB, she lives on her own and doesn't have any savings she had a letter saying that there is change in her esa where she will be getting £123 weekly and a further £64 is this what the IR Premium top up is? there is no mention of the premium award on the letter just that they sent her £64 into account just says arrears owed to her although she did put the claim for the EDP claim from when she was first on esa in 2013 have they not back dated her this the letter is very vague?

Thanks
    Last edited by Paty01; 20-07-14 at 16:17.

Can anyone help

if you are receiving esa CB can you be back dated with the IR top up premium
    from when you were first entitled to esa?

Thanks

£64 indicates they've only backdated by a few weeks.

The amount of backdating that is possible is rather complex - it has previously been discussed on the forums. The best advice is to get help from an advice provider such as a local authority welfare rights project (if you have one) or Citizen's Advice, as the supersession rules for benefits are complicated.

Hi flymo

thanks, yes i was just looking online now to get some legal help, a welfare rights is also good i've just noted down a few numbers avialble and will call these in the morning.

I wasn't sure why they wouldn't back date as she did provide the date that had first claimed esa? i do feel it's in her right to be payed and to be back dated from the time she has been in receipt of her benefits.

Well today i had manged to call the DWP on behalf of my friends situation about her not being back dated with her IR premium, i need to write a letter asking for this as i thought she should be entitled to get this because she didn't know about this extra benefit at the time of her esa award.
    Last edited by Paty01; 24-07-14 at 14:41.