Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Does anyone else get these symptoms?

Does anyone else get these symptoms?

Recently I've been having weird feelings just before I drift of into a deep sleep it's almost like I'm dying and in so much pain but when I come to it's almost like a dream, these have been happening for several months now not every night just the occasional ones.

Drugs I take are zopiclone and amitriptyline before bed time, I'm not overly concerned about this but just wondering if it's a side effect perhaps?

Thanks folks!

Beth

I take both of these as well, been taking sleeping tablets for nearly 10 years but Amitrip only a few months, no side effects that I am aware of.
    Maybe you should talk to your GP about them.

My friend takes those 2 drugs and she asn't said she feels any of that but 1 night she had to stop at mine and it scared the pants off me about 15mins after she took them her eyes and face looked odd she started stuffing sweets down her throat so i took them off her and she sound nasty shouting at me to give them back i got her back on the sofa bed though she nearly fell over turning around, i went loo and when i came back through she had my hot drink in her hand and nearly dropped it all down herself i just got it off her i couldn't sleep sat there all night watching her when she got up she had no memory of what had gone on she asked some other friends where she'd stopped if they had seen any of that and they admitted different things that had happened. she now only takes the zopiclone when shes at home. The doctor said shouldn't be a problem since shes been taking them for 2yrs so she doesn't have an answer to it maybe you should tell your doctor maybe he might have heard of what you've explained.

Hope you will be ok

I suffer from sleep paralysis but thats more like panic attack /anxiety but can't move or speak not increased pain levels
    next time you visit your GP have a word xx

Thanks guys yea I had a wee google search on it seems that's what it is...just such a weird feeling hard to describe will see what the gp says about it

Thanks again

Beth

I was once prescribed Zopiclone.

Made me very agressive; stopped taking it after 3 months, my own desicision later backed up by my neurologist.
    (In the pub I lived in at the time I had pinned a guy to the wall by his throat, not like me at all, I was always the one who sorted things out quietly).
    It seems that zoplicone can have very strange side effects with different people and the doctors dont realy understand why.

I've been on zopiclone for 2 years with no side effects guess I'm lucky, I was told from a nurse it was designed to help pilots sleep without feeling drowsy the next day obv I don't know if that's the truth or what but I guess it affects everyone different

I used to take amitrptyline,and did not have any scary side effects (I used to suffer sleep paralysis, but that was years ago, and not whilst taking amytriptyline.
    I had to stop as it made me sleepy during the day (more than usual)
    My partner takes zopiclone
    He says it gives him no side effects
    I think it makes him a little sleepy

I've been on amitriptyline for years now and i still feel drowsy during the day and get a very bad dry mouth, in on 75mg. But years ago after my daughter died i was prescribed them for depression and once took a few to many and i started hallucinating and doing things without realising what i was doing. Its a strange drug, that's for sure.

I'm on 150mg each night I seem to hear a lot of people on lower amounts perhaps this is what's causing it ?