My query may be straight forward to some but not to me. Last year my partner moved in with me just before the end of February. I duly told the D.W.P. They sent me a letter saying I was no longer entitled to I.R. E.s.a. and I would be now on Contribution based E.S.A. MAIN PHASE SUPPORT GROUP.
So March 2013 I rang DWP and found out for my form I am on PART IR AND PART CB because of my disability.
Yesterday I was on the phone to WTC to find out if we was getting money on monday as we had heard nothing from our form going missing in June.
They asked me a few questions and then said to phone DWP and find out if my ESA was taxable.
DWP said I was only on C.B.
WTC was phoned again and I spoke to another person , who followed my notes and said right this means that you are not entitled to any money and you might have to pay us back what you have had !!!
I could have died- he heard the cry come from me and said, can I ask what esa you are on- I said esa main phase support group. Do you have a disability that stops you working? Yes. Have you got your P60 there? Yes. Read it out to me I can tell you from that. Right you look to be on part cb and part ir. as top up.but we cant tell you at this minute if you will get WTC. you have to wait for advice sheet.
I didnt sleep all night, I spoke to a woman today on DWP and she said you are on CB esa AND I DON'T KNOW NOTHING ABOUT TAX CREDITS I HAVE NEVER CLAIMED THEM.
I am absolutely beside myself, I cant get through by phone, it keeps going dead on me. I am so confused, I have filled out numerous benefits calculators but they all say something different in wording so I don't really understand it.
So to end a long rambling story to get to my question how will I know what elements make up my group pay? Is it taxable? Is there still a part IR part CB ? If so how do I answer it on the WTC paperwork/phoneline ?
Thank you I am now going to have a long sit down in a warm shower and a good cry and hopefully the magic faries will leave me a proper answer or a link where to get this information from.