Thread: Nissan Leaf Tekna

Nissan Leaf Tekna

Does anyone know if the 2014 model of the Nissan Leaf Tekna comes with front and rear sensors fitted as standard ?

I don't think they are even an option ?

"The New Nissan LEAF comes with an Around View Monitor (AVM) that helps you to park precisely. A network of cameras helps that you see the vehicle's 360° surroundings as from above. The result: perfect parking every time."

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/vehicl...-features.html

Apparently it's a brilliant system so long as you keep the lens clean.

Wonderful electric noddy car - excellent!

When I parked regularly in Central Manchester by the tram I could easily have killed many youths walking along wearing baggy trousers, hands in pockets, head looking at the ground and listening to their iPod on giant ear phones.

They would be in a world of their own and just step onto carparks without first looking up in case a vehicle was approaching

So with the all silent Leaf I could even creep up to the back legs of a student who had a dead iPod without them knowing. Or reverse down the road and run over unsuspecting students toes as they stood in the car park.

Who needs sensors - just run them over quietly. Mum's the word. Shuuu

Using Nissan's Motability price list it states the following is available for the specification:

• Visia - Rear Parking Sensors
    • Accenta - Colour Reversing Camera
    • Tekna - 360deg Around View Camera

http://www.nissan.co.uk/etc/medialib...Price_List.pdf

I always found the camera better than the sensors, I have sensors on the CMax (Front & Rear) but far preferred my old Qashqai's camera system - you could reverse with pinpoint accuracy, I find on the Ford even when it's a constant beep (and showing red on the display) I still have more than a foot to go!
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

I've just tried the online configurator and it states at the end that on the Tekna the following are optional extras...

Front Sensors - £365
    Rear Sensors - £365

So if you want the added security of sensors on top of the all round camera system then it will cost an extra £730.

http://www.nissan.co.uk/GB/en/tool/c...lder/leaf.html
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

thanks for replies, @ £730, tdere will be no sensors then,

my wife is my driver and she has been relying on front sensors when parking the Meriva in the garage,

will have to put some padding on the garage wall, lol

if the Leaf does have an around camera system that should help her to stop lol

Ordered the Leaf Tekna a nice shiney black one,

things have gone OK,

had the 16amp charger fitted before the rules changed ( instalation now cost £125 I think ) and installed for free, by British Gas,

and best of all my Nissan dealership is paying the £999 advance payment for me, so I pay nothing, Zilch lol.

Dealer said it is being made at Sunderland and should be ready on the 5th Sept,maybe the 1st hopefully, and as our current lease runs out on 31st August (which we have already purchased) he will loan us a Leaf for free,

Quote Originally Posted by Popeye View Post
    Ordered the Leaf Tekna a nice shiney black one,

things have gone OK,

had the 16amp charger fitted before the rules changed ( instalation now cost £125 I think ) and installed for free, by British Gas,

and best of all my Nissan dealership is paying the £999 advance payment for me, so I pay nothing, Zilch lol.

Dealer said it is being made at Sunderland and should be ready on the 5th Sept,maybe the 1st hopefully, and as our current lease runs out on 31st August (which we have already purchased) he will loan us a Leaf for free,
    Nissan Dealership rang Thursday saying the LEAF Tekna will not be delivered to them until the 5th, and will then need checks etc,, so looks like some time after the 8th Sep when we will get it,

buuuuut we will be having a loan LEAF from the 2nd Sep could have had it sooner if we wanted,

Has anyone heard the radio advert ?

seems Nissan are letting people have the LEAF's on a 7 day test drive for free.

Quote Originally Posted by Number7 View Post
    Apparently it's a brilliant system so long as you keep the lens clean.
    I've had reversing sensors for over six years and they have been invaluable for parking in tight spaces, reversing out of my drive to prevent hitting a blind pedestrian or running over dogs, bumping low poles etc.

I can't see any advantage with a camera as reversing sensors sound just gets quicker the nearer you get until a continuous sound indicates you're a foot away.

Using cameras in the dark must be 'hit and miss'

Electric cars. When I had my car collected and brought back by a Renault worker I was amazed at his inside knowledge about Renaults electric cars.

I said to him that in my opinion electric cars are only suitable as a second car due to their limited mileage per day. Surprisingly Renault simply offer you a petrol runaround for free if you need to travel long distances over the weekend.

I asked about charging your battery while in the supermarket and is there a charge.
    It seems that supermarkets can decide whether to offer free electric charging or ask for payment. However if they plan to charge for the electric usage the supermarket will be charged £25,000 for installation of the charger. If they offer a free charge up there's no installation charge - a no brainer!

It seems you can also get a free charge up at Renault garages.

I asked whether you could come unstuck if you thought a charger on route was already taken. It seems that there is a smartphone App that can give you the location of feed charges but will also tell you if they are in use!

I think it would still be wise not to let your breakdown cover lapse!