Thread: Diabetic - Then get Ready to Throw Away your Meter

Thumbs up Diabetic - Then get Ready to Throw Away your Meter

Trending yesterday was the news that an agreement has been made between Google and pharmaceutical giant Novartis to develop Google’s Smart Contact Lens prototype.

The Smart Contact Lens will help people with diabetes monitor their blood glucose or restore the eye's ability to focus.

Google’s Smart Contact Lens is designed to measure the amount of glucose in the user’s tears and Wirelessly relays the information to a mobile phone or PC.

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/news/2014/...T1s+on+Insulin

Great if you wear Contact Lenses but Seeing I do not I will not be getting these if and when they come on the market but I am sure a lot of people will find them a great asset.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Hadn't heard this so thanks for posting. I don't use contacts either and my mobile isn't very smart just basic. But great for anyone who gets one, no more having to pierce the fingers every day for blood testing.