Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel insurance

littlebib
    always best to declare them

sterlingsteve
    If you are a student with plans to travel abroad, look into student travel insurance. Policies can be purchased for both short trips and extended stays (up to four years) and are tailored to meet student visa requirements.

I just got 2 lots of travel insurance at an incredibly low price by going through the moneysupermarket website.

Previous years I have paid around 396 for a week in Europe. I was getting quotes of £111+.

I have 9 medical conditions to declare!!

This year I now have a week in Egypt covered for £48 with no limits insurance, underwritten by LLoyds, and a week in Europe for £31 with Ok to travel, part of the allclear group.

To say that I'm pleased is an understatement!!

Sorry that should read £96 not £396, I pressed the wrong button.

Sometimes it can work out cheaper buying annual travel insurance - but well done you made a great saving.

Another to maybe try is virgin. I have a few conditions and was concerned about travel insurance. I called them, it took about 30 minutes to go through my medications & conditions and I could almost fell the till reckoning it all up but had a lovely surprise, it was £136 for annual worldwide insurance with no restrictions on countries or lengths of visits. Definitely worth ringing a company rather than just doing it over the phone.

Quote Originally Posted by inamuddle View Post
    Another to maybe try is virgin. I have a few conditions and was concerned about travel insurance. I called them, it took about 30 minutes to go through my medications & conditions and I could almost fell the till reckoning it all up but had a lovely surprise, it was £136 for annual worldwide insurance with no restrictions on countries or lengths of visits. Definitely worth ringing a company rather than just doing it over the phone.
    Can I ask if you have heart problems as they seem to throw their arms up at that one and I find it difficult and expensive to get cover.

I don't know if you're still looking, Beau.
    Having used the AA for a number of years, where they happily covered my husband's diabetes and high blood pressure; my daughter's Down's, thyroid and corrected heart problem (surgery years before), and my migraines, thyroid, arthritis, asthma and previous Atrial Fibrillation, they wouldn't cover me following a recurrence of my AF. They suggested Saga, who have been great and quite reasonable. I don't know if they stick strictly to their over-50 lower age limit. If you're old enough, may be worth a try.

Saga wouldn't touch me and I am in their age group.