Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Travel insurance

Travel insurance

Just to let you know that I have booked my travel insurance with Motability at a very good price. I don't work for them or anything, just letting you guys know that they are definitely worth ringing.

Yeah! exactly that's true. Motability is a benefit designed to help towards the additional living costs incurred by people with disabilities and is broken into two components, Mobility and Care. Each component is valued at different rates; higher, middle and lower.

The motability scheme is open to anyone who receives the higher rate mobility component of disability living allowance or the war pensioners' mobility supplement. Anyone wishing to take the Contract Hire option, must have at least 12 months award remaining when they apply. Those wishing to take the Hire Purchase option must have an award length of at least the length of the contract.

Sorry Claudiabrian you have missed the point, I am talking about MOTABILITY TRAVEL INSURANCE. Thats why its in travel !!!

You are talking about the MOBILITY component of DLA, which then leads to you been entitled to a MOTABILITY CAR, should you choose.

Ohh...In fact I have to say sorry......I thought you are talking about that....I'm sorry again...

Yes, this insurance policy have so many benefits like £5,000,000 medical expenses, 24/7 emergency helpline and airline failure insurance, as well as cover for mobility aids, a replacement carrer and replacement medication, and home help if you need it following repatriation.

no need to apologise

Thanks,

Their are so many types of travel insurance policies which are very important and having some good benefits.I recently purchased the senior citizen travel insurance policy for my parents at a reasonable price.

Thanks for this update. I just took a look at their website and got an online quote for my age but sadly I'd need to get a separate quote because I cannot meet their requirements due to having medication for angina, which is not one of the allowable conditions. I will get a quote from them though when the time comes to renew to compare what they charge will my existing insurers.

Oh,That's really sad,but no need to worry everything will be fine......

Quote Originally Posted by phyzzezee View Post
    Thanks for this update. I just took a look at their website and got an online quote for my age but sadly I'd need to get a separate quote because I cannot meet their requirements due to having medication for angina, which is not one of the allowable conditions. I will get a quote from them though when the time comes to renew to compare what they charge will my existing insurers.
    I got a reasonably priced (for me) yearly policy from Unique who are recommended by the British Heart Foundation as my previous insurers have changed their medical criteria and I couldn't agree with it. I rang them and they wanted an arm and a leg this year to cover me.
    So obviously I changed.
    I also have severe angina amongst other things.

Other travel insurance

There is also All clear travel insurance for people with Pre existing conditions. All conditions are looked into. I got a really good quote for my child (only 10 in the world with this condition).

No one else was willing to take him on and give me a quote

http://www.allcleartravel.co.uk/