Thread: how long is the pip claim wait?

how long is the pip claim wait?

Hi,
    Im getting a little worried after a post made a couple of days ago on here.
    I made a claim for pip in april 14 and have not heard back about a f2f yet just had a letter to say i would hear off them if ineeded one but they try to do it off paper based where possible but someone posted on here they made a claim in may and have a f2f already.
    I dont know what the wait times are at the moment nor what to expect next,
    I made a claim to esa around the same time which was backdated to march and i got put in support group 2 weeks ago
    Im in manchester area if that makes any difference
    thanks

it varies i got my award this week after waiting 14 months from start to finish so hopefully yours wont take as long

Hi.... I made my paper claim for P.I.P. on 6th February this year, and I didn't get my face to face assessment until 17th June. and I've heard plenty of stories of people waiting for longer than that.
    I've been in touch with both Capita (who did my assessment) and the D.W.P.
    Capita told me they are still waiting for the information back from my assessment, before they can send it off to the D.W.P.
    They also said, they are wading through a huge backlog of face to face interviews and it could take up to another four to eight weeks yet before they have the full information about me, as their officers are now assessing 3 to 4 people a day.
    The D.W.P told me that they have got my original paper claim, plus the additional professional backing evidence that I sent to them too.
    I can't offer you any words of comfort on this subject except that it will be back dated to the date in February, so the same should apply for your claim too.
    sorry I don't have any good news for you. My patience has been tested to the full on this one, but there really is nothing we can do.

Hi Bipolar, I claimed for PIP back in October last year, had my assessment in May and my claim was accepted this week.

The answer to your question really is "How long is a piece of string?" There seems to be no pattern, queue, first come, first served basis or anything of the sort. Some people are assessed and awarded quickly and some are waiting over a year. All we can advise is just wait and be patient. Admittedly, I lost patience towards the end! There's nothing you can do to push them any quicker. You can try and give your MP a call and see if their office can help, but that's about it unfortunately.

From the day I rang to apply to getting the award of PIP was 19 weeks. I do think it is because of where you live, Capita do all the Midlands plus other areas so have huge backlogs. Ive heard of many assessments still with assessors from middle of last year so theres bound to be hold ups, it must be so stressful if you are waiting for a decision to supplement your income due to your disability.

But as has been said, theres nothing we can do that is taken any notice of!

It can't be good fir everyone involved if the assessors take such a long time to write their reports. No wonder there are often inaccuracies and/or contradictions. How they can write an accurate report weeks/months after seeing you all the while doing 3/4 assessments a day. Even with notes this must be difficult. Surely if the assessors did their reports quicker it would also be more efficient for them as everything would be fresh in their minds and therefore wouldn't need as much time to write the reports.

I'm in Worcestershire and applied on 19th December. Heard nothing at all 'til late in March when my application was acknowledged by Capita. I had my F2F at home on 22nd May and then heard nothing more until I received a letter from DWP on3rd June which said they now have everything they need to make a decision......still waiting, now just over25 weeks

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    It can't be good fir everyone involved if the assessors take such a long time to write their reports. No wonder there are often inaccuracies and/or contradictions. How they can write an accurate report weeks/months after seeing you all the while doing 3/4 assessments a day. Even with notes this must be difficult. Surely if the assessors did their reports quicker it would also be more efficient for them as everything would be fresh in their minds and therefore wouldn't need as much time to write the reports.
    Hi galeforce - sorry to hijack the thread. Just wanted to say, hope your op went ok and you are having a good recuperation time.

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    Hi galeforce - sorry to hijack the thread. Just wanted to say, hope your op went ok and you are having a good recuperation time.
    Thanks rich-ward. Will update everyone on the other thread in the next couple of days, after I've been to see my GP.

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    The answer to your question really is "How long is a piece of string?"
    That just about sums it up. There really seems no logic to it all and no way of predicting.

I am in the Manchester area also and have been waiting almost 8 months and still not had my assessment.