Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Mental Health - sanctions warning!

after this news came to light i did some digging around after thinking about the motto thee conservatives took on and then stumbled across a university document which i can't be 100% sure but think the conservatives have based there austerity on, everything in the document i found includes welfare to sanctions! lets face it this nasty pasty party as i call them had lots of time to take on the measures in this document while out of power!

one thing though lacking from the conservatives when implementing stuff in this document are any form of incentives and worse when implementing are forcing people in to things which goes against the study which is clearly not the way to go.

takes a lot of reading but everything is there what has been going on with the coalition.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.co...&ct=clnk&gl=uk

document is in pdf format.

mike

nazi party motto was 'work will set you free' and look what happened to the jews!

Apparently they are thinking about "group CBT sessions" (read on a post on facebook - not sure on how true it is as of yet)

Yes..People with social anxiety disorder and/or agoraphobia will attend group sessions...

They really don't have a clue.

I suspect this relates, at least in part. to the Psychological Wellbeing and Work report from January 2014. On page 109 of this report it notes "there may be ethical issues around mandating health treatment".

And the courts will be full of employment tribunals for disability discrimination. Mark my words.

Most disabled people are covered by the equality act 2010 and employers will not look at disabled people knowing this. Where does it all end. I took employment because my ESA ended due to my husband being employed and already having my 365 days worth, although I was still signed off in WRAG at the time. I was encouraged to do this by the Job centre disability advisor. I got ill and on my last week of the probation period I had my surgery and was sacked for taking 5 weeks off as it was more complicated than first thought. I then took my employer to a tribunal and it was a large firm too who were supposedly positive about disability. I had the most horrendous 12 months of my life with all of this and recovering too, I was kicked in the teeth whilst down already. It half killed me. I was so positive and it bought back all the negative.

I actually felt sorry for the employer in one way because they are a business and need someone reliable (and needed to make a profit as they were not a charity) and at the time I could not work due to my surgery. I blame the whole system because I was actually too ill to work in the first place but the Job centre just wanted their commission by getting me to sign off my ESA claim and it was strange that in my 13th week into working (12 weeks to be allowed back on the claim.... hmmm) I was eventually diagnosed (after seeing 8 doctors) and I was allowed my treatment that had to be done after some other treatments first. I should have sued the government (they make the rules) and also made a claim at my doctors for misdiagnosis and delayed diagnosis too. All were at fault to be honest.

I do admit though that the work was excellent for my depression as my depression was partly due to my being home alone ALL the time in the daytime. I also have social phobia to some degree but this job had little interaction for me so was good as it helped my physical health in some ways (I was energetic although I have never been overweight) but not in others as I was constantly worrying about being around people which then bought on other stress related illness. I do want to work though. I really do. I would love to not be claiming benefit even now. I am just too ill at the moment but I WILL get there again. It will just take time but being forced into something before I am ready will have its consequences AGAIN. It will not work.

Overall I feel the concept of quick intervention and fast support is a good thing which could help many people and reduce deterioration of certain conditions , this won't work for many reasons.Not firstly that the current way of assessing people is flawed. But I don't think that is the main idea .

The UK is financially in dire straits. With higher rents, cost of living and more and more low paid work due to loss of our traditional industries, we don't have enough net tax contributions to support the increasing demands in all areas of welfare and public services. And we can forget closing tax minimising loopholes in what is a global banking system to add to the coffers.

No political party is brave enough to make the cuts needed, and despite the huge uproar of protests the Tories haven't done a tenth of what would be needed. Instead what we are seeing is an ongoing 'Nudge' campaign , in the hope it will change the public mindset and perceived level of expectations. That is what I think we are seeing and to an extent it is working.

I agree,regarding intervention and support
    I seriously doubt though that the DWP are the right people to arrange/provide it

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    Overall I feel the concept of quick intervention and fast support is a good thing which could help many people and reduce deterioration of certain conditions , this won't work for many reasons.Not firstly that the current way of assessing people is flawed. But I don't think that is the main idea .

The UK is financially in dire straits. With higher rents, cost of living and more and more low paid work due to loss of our traditional industries, we don't have enough net tax contributions to support the increasing demands in all areas of welfare and public services. And we can forget closing tax minimising loopholes in what is a global banking system to add to the coffers.

No political party is brave enough to make the cuts needed, and despite the huge uproar of protests the Tories haven't done a tenth of what would be needed. Instead what we are seeing is an ongoing 'Nudge' campaign , in the hope it will change the public mindset and perceived level of expectations. That is what I think we are seeing and to an extent it is working.
    The time will come when disabled people will have to literally beg for welfare. We are some what there but not there entirely.

I would suggest that people wake up and look around. After the EU referendum disabled people are going to become the new main scapegoat. We have around 5 years to find safe zones because what comes next is a big purge. When there is no resistance or public opinion to protect disabled people the Government will throw us to the sharks just like they've did with immigrants.

There always needs to be a scapegoat to let the Government get away with things. When Labour was in power it was the supposed "racists" who where stopping us being multicultural. Then when things took a swing for the worse around 2006 people started to favor the supposed "racists" which shifted the blame towards immigrants. Then when the Conservatives came into power they shifted blame away from immigrants onto the supposed benefit scroungers.

Now guys I would be careful because there isn't many minority groups left to become the new scapegoat. Racists, Immigrants & Scroungers have all been done. I think the next group to blame are going to be the disabled.

We need to bunker up because a storm is coming.

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I agree,regarding intervention and support
    I seriously doubt though that the DWP are the right people to arrange/provide it
    Agree with you Deebee. And I don't think any government party could come up with a well thought out or applied process, based on the resources they currently have. That's why I think it's being suggested as more of Nudge or disincentive campaign to change mindset.

On the surface the less visible disabilities might seem an easier route for fraudsters or those supposedly 'trying it on'. However, here has been a real rise in those with mental health problems. It has always been more difficult for those claimants with these problems or episodic conditions to claim. This is just another threat measure to keep people on their toes.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    ........... No political party is brave enough to make the cuts needed, and despite the huge uproar of protests the Tories haven't done a tenth of what would be needed. Instead what we are seeing is an ongoing 'Nudge' campaign , in the hope it will change the public mindset and perceived level of expectations. That is what I think we are seeing and to an extent it is working.
    I think one of the big problems here is for those of us in our 50s an 60s.
    We have paid all our working lives, until we becaame unable to work, into NATIONAL INSURANCE.

Note that word- INSURANCE.

We were told that this deduction from our wages, over and above income tax, was an insurance for our future if we should become unable to work or need hospital treatment, etc.
    We are now being told that there is not enough money in the pot to pay for this and we just have to make the best of it we can on our own.

If any INSURANCE company tried this they would soon be in the courts.
    But of course the gov can change the law as they like at the time and hard luck to you.

Sorry, a bit of a political rant there. I think I'll go to my local where politics is banned.