Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Mental Health - sanctions warning!

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    I think one of the big problems here is for those of us in our 50s an 60s.
    We have paid all our working lives, until we becaame unable to work, into NATIONAL INSURANCE.

Note that word- INSURANCE.

We were told that this deduction from our wages, over and above income tax, was an insurance for our future if we should become unable to work or need hospital treatment, etc.
    We are now being told that there is not enough money in the pot to pay for this and we just have to make the best of it we can on our own.

If any INSURANCE company tried this they would soon be in the courts.
    But of course the gov can change the law as they like at the time and hard luck to you.

Sorry, a bit of a political rant there. I think I'll go to my local where politics is banned.
    Don't disagree Nukeclad. I paid higher rate tax for a large part of my working life as well as other ones. I now pay more tax on an occ pension than I receive in ESA Support Group. If moved into the WRAG group I'll receive nothing for all my input to the pot.

But the pot is there to cover those in most financial need so I just have to accept it.

But it's not strictly true what you say, many people paid into endowment policies believing it would cover their mortgage only to find market forces resulted in them being left with huge shortfalls. It had never happened before . Same with pension schemes where people lost thousands of hard earned contributions. If a company goes bankrupt then everyone loses out. You can sue them all you like but likely won't get a penny. Same thing if the country goes bankrupt unable to afford the huge interest on its debts.

Nothing in life except death is guaranteed it seems. It's a hard lesson for everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by seriouslyfedup View Post
    ......Nothing in life except death is guaranteed it seems......
    Don't forget taxes, guarantee you will always get them.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Don't forget taxes, guarantee you will always get them.
    Well I used to think so. But seems now if you can afford a fancy accountant and have enough to stash your cash in a tax haven, then you can avoid them for the most part these days.

I have bipolar affective disorder a new diagnosis of CMT a degenerative illness with no cure and little treatment. I'm losing mobility and the hands are going too. Now I live alone no family and am completely at the mercy of the local authority. Now due to cuts I'm left in a position where I had three falls AND was manic with no insight. How. How. Did I end up having to use my mop bucket as a toilet dehydrated. Suffering from malnutrition and like another poster, the number of my crisis team. Sadly no one is ever there so as I ring up with my suicidal thoughts the police are sent (without warning). I have photo of three male police officers in my bedroom goading me and throwing my medication back and forth. I've spent 3 nights in police cells on S135 (revolting. Black and blue) and once held down injected and transported to Harrogate (I'm from telford) with no clothes.touletries. Nothing. Too far. I had to pay for all I needed and to add more insult to serious injury. I had to pay a courier to fetch my wheelchair Zimmer and crutches. The hospital In Harrogate was a private one and the "customers" paid £4000 a week. I'm assuming that is what my local authority had to pay for outsourcing my care. No beds!!! Sickening. The entire debacle over mental health care is a national disgrace. I've no idea how I've survived my care. Can't wait for the next nail in my coffin. It's almost genocidal.