Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mental Health - sanctions warning!

Post Mental Health - sanctions warning!

Yet more plans are been dreamed up to put pressure on the sick, under conservative plans they aim to force those with certain mental health conditions to undergo or should i say force them in to treatment and if people refuse then their benefits could be stripped!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...epression.html

Maybe "they" should be looking at why mental health has declined so rapidly rather than force some to take medication or other treatments to get them back to work. What's so great about work if it destroys your confidence and self esteem, makes you feel inadequate, worthless or anxious? Do we work mainly as a way to acquire more and more possessions, and make one person feel superior to the next?

How enlightened the government is. Strip benefits and then what? Fill up the A and E? I thought the cost to provide benefits was less than it would be to have hospital treatment.
    Mistreatment of mental health claimants must have led to suicides over the years? Maybe that's the intention.

I saw this earlier.
    I would love to know how they plan to "treat" people. The services for mental health are already stretched to breaking point. People wait months for referrals, when they finally get counselling, etc, it is usually only for a few sessions. I have been in and out of the mental health system for years, had counselling, therapy, medications etc. It has helped in the short term, but it is hard to get ongoing, continuation of care and treatment, apart from repeat prescriptions for anti-depressants etc.
    Given that this unelected bunch of self-serving, bullying, amoral bunch of idiots that call themselves a government are a major cause of mental health being made worse, I think it is just another nail in the coffin for vulnerable people.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I was also in and out of treatment for years then told that because of cuts I was not able to continue to have any regular appointments. Just given the number of a crisis centre. After many of being unemployable.
    I manage to exist but when I come to renew claims, I doubt I could get even one point. Many like me could easily make front page Daily Mail. ..........'Gotcha'

more contracts for atos/crapita/a4e/serco and the rest,funded by taxpayers again.

Baby blue I just love your last sentence! So beautifully and succinctly put!

wonder how many claimants will get this so called "help" who's 365 days contribution base has ended and it ain't costing them ?
    bet not many if any at all it's all a load of ^&*%

More pressure on those who are struggling to cope with this current system. Another culling ploy, I wonder?

Get their heads out of the sand and face reality.

It is nonsense as they are cutting NHS all the time. Unless they plan to employ or assign some newly titled expert 'Mental Health Officers'.