Thread: Vasculitis....an unknown illness

Thumbs down Vasculitis....an unknown illness

I have been so ill for a few months now with Vasculitis. I cannot remember when last I had a good day! Last night was very bad, my veins being so prominent and painful, it has made my body feel like I have been hit by a bus! I take pain pills for osteoarthritis in my spine and hips, and waiting to see a rheumatologist at the end of this month, who will probably put me on steroids. The pain pills sometimes help with the chronic pain, but don't fix the problem and leave me in a constant daze! Feeling so sick and tired of it all, shedding tears everyday and always asking....why?? This morning I feel it would be best to die rather than suffer like this! No one understands this illness, I look ok on the outside but my body is broken on the inside!
    I now have a PIP (the new DLA) form to fill in but just can't see myself doing it! My body and brain are broken!

Hi I have a suspected case of vasculitis my arms and legs swelled up and were burning with this god awful rash and my kidneys went dodgy I'm already taking a very high dose of immune suppressants which luckily it's what the kidney consultant say's he would have treated me with anyway so if I flare again got to go straight to A&E for bloods and urine tests to help confirm their suspicions
    I felt really ill too but like I say if it is this awful condition mine may already be controlled well (fingers crossed )
    sounds like you need more help with your feelings talk to your GP illness of the body can make you very depressed and better to try and get on top of that before it spirals
    try and get help with the form if you can local authority's may have a welfare worker who could help your local CAB or if your over 50 age uk sound very good
    remember it's not your condition that matters but how it effects you which is a good thing when it comes to illness which arn't very well known
    take a look at the sticky thread on the benefits board about PIP and have a good read it will help you
    wishing you all the best xx

Sorry to hear about the problems you are suffering, there's help you can get from your local council welfare rights officers just telephone and they will do all the work for you

Best of luck