Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can people check if your car is a motability car?

A personalised registration will make no difference - it's still a registration mark.

You still have a tax disc until you can throw it away on 1 October 2014.

The taxation class is still available via the DVLA vehicle check service, though that doesn't distinguish between Motability vehicles and other vehicles with a VED exemption applied (which might be privately owned, hired or leased from a provider other than Motability).

The Kwik Fit site will presumably work just the same for Motability vehicles on personalised registrations as all other Motability vehicles.

A personalised registration will make no difference - it's still a registration mark.

You still have a tax disc until you can remove it on 1 October 2014.

The taxation class is still available via the DVLA vehicle check service, though that doesn't distinguish between Motability vehicles and other vehicles with a VED exemption applied (which might be privately owned, hired or leased from a provider other than Motability).

The Kwik Fit site will presumably work just the same for Motability vehicles on personalised registrations as for all other Motability vehicles. If this site works as alleged, I see this as an unnecessary information leak - as is so often the case, there is a balance between convenience and security.

Thank you for that Flymo, just was not sure if this could be used to hide the fact its a M-car,

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post

You still have a tax disc until you can throw it away on 1 October 2014.

The Kwik Fit site will presumably work just the same for Motability vehicles on personalised registrations as all other Motability vehicles.

If people want to check whether your car has had its MOT or which tax class it's in all they need is your car registration plate and make.

https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk

Hi all,

I have been looking on the dvla site, and i dont think any one can tell if its a mobility car or not, now!

I was looking on here https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk

I can not see anythink on there when i checked, or am i missing something????

I believe the campaign by those objecting to public display of the Taxation Class was successful, and this information is no longer publicly available.

A tax rate of £0.00 is a hint that the vehicle may have a disabled person's concession applied, but it could be VED exempt from another reason. Certain very low emission vehicles have a nil tax rate.

What Flymo states is correct.
    The website used to say 'DISABLED' instead of PLG under the class of vehicle and so it was obvious the car was taxed as disabled but now that has been omitted it just shows that the 12 month rate is £0.00.

As an example mine also states my emissions are 149g/km add that to the £0.00 rate and most people in the know would realise the only obvious reason is the main driver is disabled.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Personally I couldn't care a Fig if someone knows ( or is sad enough to try and find out )that my daughters car is motability.
    The car is being used for what it should be so -
    Stuff em !
    Sea Queen

I agree sea queen. Why would you want to hide the fact that it's a motability vehicle? Unless you were trying to hide the fact that you lease your car via benefits.

Who really gives a s..t!

Most folk who met me when I was working assumed I wasn't working for 38 years! It came as a surprise that I even worked in 'image aware' advertising agencies. I never met any other physically disabled staff in that business in the 20 years I was in it!

There was no 'tokenism' or passengers. You could either do the job or you were out!