Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Can people check if your car is a motability car?

But, and this was covered on a different thread - regardles of Motability vehicle or not, NOW the general public just need to visit: https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk/ .
    Tap in your Reg and Vehicle make and voila!!! It will show Taxation Class like PLG or DISABLED class. Ok, this doesn't say actually who is getting certain benefits, but it might as well.

Shows my taxation class as "Diesel Car".

Edited to add: It is not a Motability vehicle, but is tax exempt and used to be in the "Disabled" category.
    Last edited by Ransman; 12-07-14 at 21:36.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Until October (when the tax disc is discarded) your friend could walk up to your vehicle and note the 'Disabled' classification and also the 'Fleet' designation which infers it's a Motability car................
    My tax disc says DISABLED, but there is no mention of FLEET that I can see - or is it in some secret code?

I'm sorry yours doesn't state FLEET but mine does (and it does on the 3 known Motability cars I have also checked), I have no idea why yours doesn't unless yours isn't a Motability vehicle?

By the way the use of CAPITALS infers SHOUTING on an internet forum, I assume you didn't mean to shout?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    I'm sorry yours doesn't state FLEET but mine does (and it does on the 3 known Motability cars I have also checked), I have no idea why yours doesn't unless yours isn't a Motability vehicle?

By the way the use of CAPITALS infers SHOUTING on an internet forum, I assume you didn't mean to shout?
    I ask because I have never seen the word FLEET on a tax-disc. It isn't on my current (Motability) vehicle and it wasn't on any of the company cars that I had when I was working (all of which were leased from Dial Contracts). Where on the disc does it appear?

And I would point out that in my experience the use of all caps might IMPLY shouting (and I do mean IMPLY not INFER - if you are going to castigate me at least try to be grammatically correct when you do so) whereas the use of caps for an occasional word in a sentence provides emphasis, which is particularly useful in allowing the reader to lift the salient points from a post without having to read every word.

I think when you mean reader you have missed out those people who have visual problems and use audio readers for their text. Here capitals are shouts!

Yep, Me too, my new tax disk has on it, "DVLA/Fleet" and "Disabled", clear as bell!

It can be checked. Upsetting.

If they are sad enough and know where to look then the answer is yes.

What about if you had private number plate! as there is no tax disc displayed from 1/10/2014