Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Can people check if your car is a motability car?

Due to complaints to dvla they have withdrawn the check where yes you could tell that it was a motability car I think there was a petition about this but many complaints.
    As in the selling your data for profit to anyone who pays them the dvla is no longer trusted by many including me and the thousents who complained to them to stop this.

see the link here samedifference1.com/2014/07/03/dvla-website-lets

hi that link did not work try this http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/......itors-check-on

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    That's an interesting question. Does it matter though? If you are concerned is it because you think they may report you? If you have a genuine disability which causes severe mobility problems as declared by yourself to DWP then you have no need to worry.

There is another website that may have been previously mentioned and you can check the car tax rate by putting in the cars number plate and make. If the tax rate shows as zero then it could well be a Motability car. Anyone can use this free service. https://www.vehicleenquiry.service.gov.uk
    Hi, yes it matters to me, that is why I posted, I just don't want people knowing my finsncial business tbh, not unless I have chosen them too.

I don't fear about being reported no, unfortunately I have a well defined, life long condition.

Thank you one and all for the responces by the way, very insightful and helpful .
    Last edited by Macaz; 05-02-15 at 14:12. Reason: spelling

vikstar
    Quote Originally Posted by Macaz View Post
    Hi, yes it matters to me, that is why I posted, I just don't want people knowing my finsncial business tbh, not unless I have chosen them too.

I don't fear about being reported no, unfortunately I have a well defined, life long condition.

Thank you one and all for the responces by the way, very insightful and helpful .
    I can understand your concerns.

This was discussed in another thread, http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ation-Publicly

It is not as straight forward as

"If you have a genuine disability which causes severe mobility problems as declared by yourself to DWP then you have no need to worry."
    even though it should be.

If you were in an active PIP Postcode Area, https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ostcode-map-uk and someone maliciously reported you about your DLA.

A review might be triggered as it does not matter who reports a change in circumstances.

If in an active PIP area, this review would be under PIP, rather than DLA.Qualifying for PIP Mobility under Moving Around is a lot more difficult than for DLA Mobility.

Hopefully it would not get that far, but it is possible.

yes, and people do not always see the disability
    The lady three doors away from me has a motability car, works, and when getting into the car in the morning runs quite spritely from front door to the car, however, she receives regular dialysis and often has to rest up, unable to leave the house at all

To be honest, I actually got a better award under PIP than I did DLA, well, I got awarded a longer term.

I have a neuro dosorder, which I would myself class as a 'hidden disability', and lets be straight, people are judgemental.

I read an open letter today on facebook from a person with a bowel condition and a colostomy bag? ( hope that was the right word/spelling)
    the person had been tutted at by another, as they entered the disabled loo
    it was quite a long letter giving details of the problems the person faced and why they needed to use the disabled toilet, and was aimed loosely at the person who had tutted.
    the letter was followed by various comments and one person commented that they had in the past been quite judgmental about people who appeared to not have a disability, and that they would try to have an open mind in future
    that made me smile, thinking that the letter had seved a purpose