Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Reversing camera

Reversing camera

Hi all, which (if any ) MPV models on the scheme have a reversing camera , if none ,which has revering sensors ?

The S-.max and Galaxy both have reversing sensors and front sensors too

Nissan Note with 'Connect' screen, as does the Qashqai.

Most come with Reversing Sensors, I believe if they are an option then Motability ask for them to be included for free within your lease.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

front and rear sensors came as standard on our Meriva 1.7cdti SE automatic

All Motability Vauxhall Zafira Tourers have parking sensors. All retail Zafira Tourers have parking sensors apart from the basic ES model (not available on Motability).

The Zafira Tourer Tech Line has all the pre-requisites for a reversing camera apart from the camera itself, which is a £200 option retail. All other trim levels need upgrading to factory satellite navigation (£855 retail) before you can specify the £200 reversing camera option.

The Renault Scenic

I have reversing sensors on my present one and the Scenic before that - so in 10 years I've never come to grief with an object when reversing. You really don't need them at the front in my opinion.

I prefer sensors to a camera - I like the way the sound speed intensifies the nearer you get until there's a continuous sound saying you are about 10 inches away.

Worth having them fitted as an extra if they don't come as standard.

Second favoured add on - a car alarm if not fitted as standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Rob View Post
    Hi all, which (if any ) MPV models on the scheme have a reversing camera , if none ,which has revering sensors ?
    Citroen C4 Grand Picasso:

VTR+, Exclusive & Exclusive+ have rear parking sensors. Front parking sensors optional on Exclusive, inclusive on Exclusive+.

Reversing camera is optional on VTR+, inclusive on Exclusive & Exclusive+.

360 degree parking system is an option on Exclusive+.

Park assist is an option on Exclusive, inclusive on Exclusive+.

We had reversing cameras on our old primera but in certain conditions eg bright sunlight and rain, you couldn't see a thing. The Antara we have on motability has both front and rear sensors which work in all weathers. They don't half make a racket, but we prefer them to the camera.

This is a little of topic I know, but anyone with a vauxhall who doesn't know can open and close windows with there key by holding down the button (unlock to open-lock-close)

Thanks

[Many thanks for all the good info you have posted, will have a browse thru the motors mentioned.