Thread: just called capita

just called capita

my partner just called capita to see what is happening cause its been 3 weeks since i had my F2F .the person on other end told my partner they dont mind him ringing once a week to see what is happening ,they are still waiting for the report from the person who did my F2F ...how long does it take to write a report and send it to the right people. all this waiting it making my illness alot worse .

There is no knowing how quickly the report will be finished and sent off to DWP.

When it is sent, it will probably take another 4-6 weeks for the report to be received, scanned onto the DWP system, the decision to be made and the decision letter to be sent. This is only an estimate, however.

I doubt you will get a decision in the next 2 weeks, anyway. I wish you well, as I know how hard the wait is, and hope you can try to forget about it as much as possible.

Hi Smudger,
    I am now going into the 8th week since i had my assessment from Capita . I rang DWP last week who informed me they have still not recieved the report and so i rang Capita who informed me the HCP has still yet to complete my report ! On the advice of a friend i got in touch with my MP who has contacted them regarding the delays ( please see my thread ) I like you find it unnacceptable to say the least of how long it takes for the HCP to compile their reports, i would think ( in my case ) having medical evidence and additional information supplied by myself that 6 weeks is more than ample time to complete. I hope you hear something soon X

Quote Originally Posted by smudger80 View Post
    my partner just called capita to see what is happening cause its been 3 weeks since i had my F2F .the person on other end told my partner they dont mind him ringing once a week to see what is happening ,they are still waiting for the report from the person who did my F2F ...how long does it take to write a report and send it to the right people. all this waiting it making my illness alot worse .
    Just so you know I am still waiting and had my F2F back on dec the 23 of last year.........

I had my F2F on 5th February, and the report was sent back mid-april. I got the decision on the 12th May.

Quote Originally Posted by ajax2061 View Post
    Just so you know I am still waiting and had my F2F back on dec the 23 of last year.........
    Even against the background of the delays that are currently plaguing PIP, that wait is grossly abnormal.

I know you have contacted Capita, but it doesn't seem to have produced a result. At this stage I suggest contacting your MP for help, as they can take up cases of excessive delay on constituent's behalf. Involving their MP has helped other forum members get a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by smudger80 View Post
    Hi Smudger, Capita held on to my report for 5 weeks and the Dwp took 5 weeks to make a decision on my claim.
    Contact your mp, capita have a direct line for mp offices to call them.
    Once it's with the Dwp there is no sure fire way to rush them, they do it when they see fit. Like flymo says, even when capita send it over, it usually takes around a week to be scanned into the system and then another wait for it to be assigned to a case manager.

You've got a long road ahead of you yet I'm afraid. I would wait at least another few weeks to call them again.

partner called capita again this afternoon they have my report ,its been sent to someone else to check it hen it will be sent to dwp .i thought once they got report they would send it to dwp ...who else have they sent it to and why ? should i be worried ? is it worth my local mp getting involved ? not having a good week with my illness at moment . any help would be great thanks