Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Thread: 'Trainee' disabled newby seeking advice from 'well practiced' disabled scooter users

Id be careful before choosing the Pride Gogo range..... not exactly known for their build quality in the industry
    What would you recommend?

Tbh I've looked at pretty much most scooters in this category (portable/boot scooters) and the go go elite traveller sport seems to meet my needs best. I've read both good and bad things about most manufacturers. The pride range seems to be very popular and I do know a couple of people who use one and would recommend them.

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    What would you recommend?

Tbh I've looked at pretty much most scooters in this category (portable/boot scooters) and the go go elite traveller sport seems to meet my needs best. I've read both good and bad things about most manufacturers. The pride range seems to be very popular and I do know a couple of people who use one and would recommend them.
    As someone who works in the industry, Pride are not exactly known for using the best quality components, and to be honest most unbiased engineers will note that Pride seemingly have a much higher repair rate than some of the other Manufacturers.

Boot scooters are pretty much the same really, not much difference between most of them, but one I do like is the TGA Eclipse. The build quality on it is excellent - far better than most of the other Boot Scoots on the market. Also comes with a 2 year Guarantee, which is pretty much unheard of for a BScoot.
    Also has by far the best seat on the market in that range, and comes with a few extra bits like walking stick clips, and rear storage bags as standard. It is a few quid more expensive than some of the other, but well worth it.

Where are you based and Ill check where is the closest place for you to go to see one?

Much as I like the appearance of the TGA Eclipse it is no good for me size wise. Not enough leg room and wheels too small.

Tomorrow is D Day. Hire scooter has gone back and tomorrow I take delivery of a brand new Pride Go Go Elite Traveller Plus 4. It's a compromise but I have to say that having hired one for 2 months I've been pleasantly surprised by how well it's coped with outdoor terrain while being small enough to manage in shopping centres etc. Getting it in and out of the car is hard but it's doable and putting it together is a doddle. I've got it down to a fine art now.

I'm looking forward to being able to get out and about more now. Having the hire one for the past 2 months has transformed my life. Couldn't live without it now.