Thread: hello im a newbie here

Unhappy hello im a newbie here

Hello

I applied for PIP in January 2014 ,, all medical records have been received . I have COPD which has become worse since I stopped smoking. mmmmmm . Anyway I have not had assessment letter Yet off either ESA OR PIP. I have been reading posts about assesments on these boards n im bit worried to be honest. My condition isn't visible, I cant do stairs without getting out of breath, cant cook coz steam irritates my lungs , takes me forever to get dressed coz out of puff , and walking is a task itself.

Advice please? im dreading the assessment now

Helppppppppppppp

You may find the sticky PIP thread worth reading, not least because it contains my experience of assessment and links to several other assessment experiences.

For PIP, there are large delays, though I'd start doing some chasing up as your claim has now getting close to six months. It's certainly worth contacting the PIP helpline and the relevant assessment provider (the PIP helpline can give you the details if you don't know which one) to see if they can give you any sort of timescale.

ESA also has well known delays. You will be assessed eventually, and, if you are not found Fit for Work, you will get the extra money relevant to the group your are placed in backdated to the beginning of the 13th week of your claim. For now, you need to keep sending in 'fit notes' as requested.