Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Feeling a bit shell shocked

All the best Flymo, stay positive and get some rest.

Dear Flymo,
    I do hope you have enjoyed Monty Python and hoping that your feeling better than in your earlier posts sending massive (((( HUGS ))))
    to both you and your friend Godbless X

Sorry to read this and thinking of both you and your friend. X

It was a good night.

The critics seemed a bit sniffy about it, but it did what it said on the tin very well. For example, one of the critics said the Lumberjack Song was stilted, but that was only because, at the key point of transition into the song, the audience burst out in almost simultaneous laughter of anticipation as they realised what was coming. Michael had to stop before tearing off his suit and launching into "I'm a lumberjack" otherwise he would have corpsed.

Many, like me, knew the material well enough to have realised right at the beginning of the sketch, which starts out with a chartered accountant going for careers advice claiming to want to be a lion tamer.

There were some effective uses of the venue features. During the Lumberjack Song the rolling advertising hoardings fired up with an spoof advert for Canadian holidays. There's one point where the three winched concentric rings of the O2 lighting rig (one of the features of the original Millennium Dome show, if I remember correctly) visibly joined in on the action. The set was clearly custom built for the O2. It's clear this production, as conceived, could not have toured even if the Pythons were interested.

The audience mostly fell into the diehard fan category, with quite a few dressed up (Knights from Ni, cardinals from the Spanish Inquisition, Gumbys and so on). I suspect that will be a feature to some extent throughout the run, but it might be that this was a particular feature of the first night, which was the first date to go on sale.

Most of the material is from Flying Circus, though there are some bits from elsewhere and the song and dance routines based on this familiar material are new.

As I said, the final night will be on Gold for those who want to see it, and it will undoubtedly be released on DVD in due course.
    Last edited by Flymo; 02-07-14 at 10:34. Reason: Correct a couple of predictive text boo-boos

You sound better today, so pleased you had a great night out.

Hi Flymo glad you enjoyed the night out xx

Hi Flymo.. so pleased that you were able to enjoy the performance and here's some extra hugs to keep you going! (((HUGS)))

http://www.sherv.net/cm/emoticons/ye...y-emoticon.gif

Only just seen this thread. Hugs flymo. x