Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Disability Awareness Day - Sun 13 July Warrington

Disability Awareness Day - Sun 13 July Warrington

Just discovered this open day.
    http://www.disabilityawarenessday.or...In6_25_2014%29

I've also found out that if you want to hire a wheelchair or scooter you can reserve one - no fee and no ID needed.
    Just get in touch with shopmobility to reserve one. http://www.disabilitypartnership.org.uk/

just had a look and seriously considered it. Till i saw it was on a SUNDAY!! do they not know that trains are shite on a sunday? I'd spend the entire day getting there and back.

Yes I remember the days of the Sunday 5 hour train trips coming back from London!

I've chatted to the Warrington Shopmobility and pre-booked an electric scooter at no cost as they are part of a 'Centre for Independent Living' (CIL) who organised it.

If you were keen to go ask your boyfriend if e wants to go and you can both stop overnight at my place and I can take us all first thing Sunday - it'll be a laugh. Don't forget to bring your swimming costume then you can have a go at scuba diving just to finish you off! Go back on Monday there's no rush.

I'll get some black puddings and chorley cakes in as a welcome!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Yes I remember the days of the Sunday 5 hour train trips coming back from London!

I've chatted to the Warrington Shopmobility and pre-booked an electric scooter at no cost as they are part of a 'Centre for Independent Living' (CIL) who organised it.

If you were keen to go ask your boyfriend if e wants to go and you can both stop overnight at my place and I can take us all first thing Sunday - it'll be a laugh. Don't forget to bring your swimming costume then you can have a go at scuba diving just to finish you off! Go back on Monday there's no rush.

I'll get some black puddings and chorley cakes in as a welcome!!
    Hold off with the black pud (yuk!)

Nice offer but Manchaester is even further up the line from Telford. the boyfriend lives in London. I did see the scuba diving thing. Trouble is, as i have history of epilepsy, they probly say, nah, don't want you...........
    Travelling by train, w ith wheelchair, on sundays has proved rather tricksy lately so i'll Just Say No this time!

No worries. I've done scuba diving in the pool and sea with PADILLA instructors. It's a wonderful experience. I 'll take a few snaps and post them here.

Right, my black pudding has boiled to perfection. Just get some buttered bread and a mug of tea - heaven! Eccles cakes later. Lol

Hoping to go. Make contact if you see me, maybe. The kilt is a giveaway!

Don't get me started on Eccles cake! My mom was a confectioner, and i was often at work with her as a kid. (Before the days of elf and safety).
    8 yr old me: whats in that bucket?
    Mom: thats the Eccles bucket. All the scraps go in there and thats how Eccles cake is made....

I never ate another Eccles cake EVER.

Ah, but what about Tramstoppers? (bits of scrap cake glued together with jam and iced on top) Not that we need them in Manchester, the Metrolink stops all too often without any help.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    Just discovered this open day.
    http://www.disabilityawarenessday.or...In6_25_2014%29

I've also found out that if you want to hire a wheelchair or scooter you can reserve one - no fee and no ID needed.
    Just get in touch with shopmobility to reserve one. http://www.disabilitypartnership.org.uk/
    Well it turned out to be a fairly well organised event that was staged outdoors and in several large marquees.
    Here's a flavour o what was happening.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Dis-Aware-Day.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	180.0 KB 
ID:	1023

But did he go scuba diving?? the attachments are pending atm