Thread: Can't post using PC or Laptop

Can't post using PC or Laptop

Hi all, had to login using my smartphone as I am unable to reply to posts, start new threads or even try registering a new account using my PC or laptop. When I try to reply to a post there's no text box to type in, same on starting a new topic. Its not a browser issue as its the same on Firefox, chrome and internet explorer. I emailed dlf and eventually got a reply telling me how to post!! I emailed them back with a screenshot of what happens but not heard back yet. Its not malware or a virus as I can post on other message boards without a problem.

It might be worth experimenting with the 'Message Editor Interface' and 'Forum Skin' options in your General Settings.

If that doesn't help, it's possible that your anti virus software is responsible.

Checked and tried changing the options with no result, also tried it with both the anti virus and anti malware disabled and no change

Sorted, needed to fully clear the cache, which seems odd on all 3 browsers and both the laptop and PC at the same time!

Hello there phaedra

If you set your browser's (Firefox) privacy settings to 'remember nothing' it will automatically clear the cache every session, it's what I do and I only ever use FF.

All the best

I have it set to 50mb, as I said it's strange that it happened on both the laptop and PC and with all 3 browsers!. Never happened before or on any of the other web forum boards I'm on and I spend a fair bit of time on some of them!.

Worked perfectly from my smartphone, quite impressed with it to be honest