Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: chronic pain back problem

See my above msg

Quote Originally Posted by mikeydt1 View Post
    Reluctant but have started tramadol will see if it eases.

As for codeine not even touched the pain for what ever reasons.

Grinning and bearing just a few days then home.

Mike
    Yeah well as you see from the above I did ask WHY the back pain, ie cause, condition?
    galeforce answered but thats not YOU, is it?

Without knowing we're not giving you good advice cuz pain, and back pain is SO individual and can be caused by so many conditions.

sorry red was using only a small tablet so it is hard to see what messages there was with writing so small.

may be root cause is from another uti just had catheter changed recent and pain is coming from right flank and also bit in left but am stuck till i get home.

will only know when sample is sent in.

was told with any pain that even in one area it may be from another region.

well last day now and will cheer myself up as it is my birthday

t.c and catch all of you on friday or saturday.

mike

Just to let you know (sorry again Mikey for hijacking your thread) I have been to the hospital to see the doctor and they have somehow managed to book me in for an operation on Monday!!!!! He said i should only need to stay in overnight.

Just can't believe its so quick, was expecting it to take months, i know of someone who's had a similar problem who has had it for a year. The doctor did say the prolapsed disk was massive.

Im thinking its because i already have peripheral neuropathy and it can get confused with the symptoms of my back as the pain from my back has spread down my buttocks, hips and the back of my legs and the neuropathy pain spreads upwards from my feet.

Unfortunately i'm going to have to get a bus. I just hope they will provide hospital transport to get me home.

All the best for your operation - I will keep my fingers crossed for positive results.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Just to let you know (sorry again Mikey for hijacking your thread) I have been to the hospital to see the doctor and they have somehow managed to book me in for an operation on Monday!!!!! He said i should only need to stay in overnight.

Just can't believe its so quick, was expecting it to take months, i know of someone who's had a similar problem who has had it for a year. The doctor did say the prolapsed disk was massive.

Im thinking its because i already have peripheral neuropathy and it can get confused with the symptoms of my back as the pain from my back has spread down my buttocks, hips and the back of my legs and the neuropathy pain spreads upwards from my feet.

Unfortunately i'm going to have to get a bus. I just hope they will provide hospital transport to get me home.
    Best wishes for your operation. Take Care.

Quote Originally Posted by Flymo View Post
    All the best for your operation - I will keep my fingers crossed for positive results.
    Thanks for your support Flymo. It means a lot to me.

Don't get a bus to the hospital, call one of the numbers on this page to get in touch with your local Patient Transport Service. They will collect you and drop you off.
    http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...avelcosts.aspx
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Hi galeforce that's great news.
    Just a few tips.

No doubt they'll tell you that it's 'nil by mouth' before you turn up. Remember to take your mobile charger, slippers and dressing gown plus 'ear plugs' - it's usually a hive of activity in these wards at night and it's the only way you'll get any sleep.

After the operation you'll feel pain free totally! This will be due to the anaesthetic that's still in your blood. Take a note of the date and who is prime minister for when you're asked a few questions when coming around after the operation.

Remember, they won't let you if there's nobody at home to look after you for a few days. They will only let you home after the doctors round, visit by physio to make sure you can walk with a stick or crutch. The last thing will be waiting for prescriptions that can take ages.

They will lay on an ambulance ferry service but if you want to get home quickly then ask a friend for a lift or just get a taxi.

Good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    Don't get a bus to the hospital, call one of the numbers on this page to get in touch with your local Patient Transport Service. They will collect you and drop you off.
    http://www.nhs.uk/NHSEngland/Healthc...avelcosts.aspx
    Sorry Paul, it might be me being stupid, but i can't find the info needed. It mentions a refund of travel costs but say that's usually for the cheapest form of transport, and even if it was for a taxi, i don't have the money to pay for that.

Quote Originally Posted by galeforce81 View Post
    Sorry Paul, it might be me being stupid, but i can't find the info needed. It mentions a refund of travel costs but say that's usually for the cheapest form of transport, and even if it was for a taxi, i don't have the money to pay for that.
    Your GP surgery might have contact details for the transport service?

My surgery gave me details when I had to organise hospital transport for myself, which in the end I did'nt need.