Thread: Carers Allowance affect on housing benefit etc

Carers Allowance affect on housing benefit etc

How does carers allowance affect my other benefits

My husband may well be able to apply if I getter PIP but I've read that the amount he gets will be deducted from our other benefits is this correct?

We currently get full housing benefit IR ESA child tax credit child benefit and council tax reduction. Also may be entitled to PIP.

Thanks

removed
    You would need to speak to your local council. However, as you have yet to be awarded PIP, if eligible, than the point you raise is mute.

Any CA awarded will be deducted from ESA, but usually a Carer Premium is awarded.

So the CA would be deducted from ESA so I would not be any worse off is that correct?

Also would the CP add more money or just make up for the loss to my ESA. What I'm trying to find out is would I be worse off?

Thanks

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by emmnic View Post
    So the CA would be deducted from ESA so I would not be any worse off is that correct?

Also would the CP add more money or just make up for the loss to my ESA. What I'm trying to find out is would I be worse off?

Thanks
    CA would be deducted from ESA so you would be paid the same.

CP would add about 30 a week. However, with the increase in income, HB and CT might increase, causing you to pay more per week than what you pay now.

You would need to speak to your local council to enquire about deductions.

Thank you for your replies