Thread: Peugeot trying to arrange a test drive for me with hand controls

Peugeot trying to arrange a test drive for me with hand controls

Title says it all really!

I may not get PIP mobility at the enhanced rate, and therefore be eligible to lease a car under the motability scheme, but I'm thinking positive. I should get it but that doesn't mean I will. However, I have decided to get looking at cars as I need to get a better idea of what car would suit since I need a new car, motability or not. I drive with hand controls and test driving a car with hand controls seems to be near impossible.

I did test drive a Peugeot 3008 at the motability roadshow in Manchester last month but I didn't spend much time checking everything out and making sure I could reach everything and it wasn't a long test drive. Prior to that Peugeot wasn't really on my shortlist but I liked the car and it felt good to drive. Big enough to get a small scooter and hoist in the back too. Anyway, Peugeot contacted me this week as I had requested a brochure and yesterday I spoke to the motability guy at my nearest dealership. He is trying to get me a 3008 with hand controls to test drive so watch this space

You can actually get 'portable hand controls' http://www.lynxcontrols.com/
    There actually quite good but take a little to get used to.

The Peugeot 3008 should be a good car but the forums are just flooded with owner complaints about poor economy and suspension problems.
    I would be tempted to go for the newer sister car - the Citroen C4 Picasso.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Quote Originally Posted by Paul View Post
    The Peugeot 3008 should be a good car but the forums are just flooded with owner complaints about poor economy and suspension problems.
    I would be tempted to go for the newer sister car - the Citroen C4 Picasso.
    That's a shame. I have had a look on one peugeot forum and comments re mpg seem to be varied with some saying it gets better after you've done a few miles. What are the suspension problems?

My neighbour has a Citroen C4 Picasso. It does look very similar but I do prefer the Peugeot. I do need to look into this all in more depth but it's such a pain/nigh on impossible to test drive with hand controls that I was really hoping to just find one I liked, mither for a test drive and make a decision without too much hassle.