Thread: atos medical, & now got focused interview but no letter to tell me points Help please

atos medical, & now got focused interview but no letter to tell me points Help please

Hi i got a letter to say i have to got to go to a work focused interview for my esa.
    I had a medical at atos last month but have got no letter to say what points i got and now very confused.
    What happens if i get no points when letter gets here to tell me of results or does letter mean i passed the medical and been put in work group ?
    thanks in advance for the help.
    Last edited by mickytrek; 20-06-14 at 22:32.

Hello mickytrek

If that letter is from a JC+ adviser then that is probably correct, it does look like you've been placed in the WRAG, you need to give that adviser a ring to clarify it. Though you should have had a letter giving you a decision first, the DWP are required to do that by Law so if you don't hear from them in the next couple of days start by ringing any numbers you may have.

The law requires DWP to notify the decision when made. I agree with Jard that the most likely explanation is that a decision has been made placing you in the Work Related Activity Group.

However, the law on Work Focused Interviews says that anyone on ESA can be called for a WfI unless they are in the Support Group or fall within exemptions for certain carers or lone parents. It is possible, therefore, that the decision has not been made on the assessment yet.

ok thank you for your help that the only letter i have had so far.
    i will have to appeal against it if i can as last time must have been placed in another group as did not have to go to these meetings.

You will have to wait until you receive that decision notice/letter before you can Appeal, when it comes just follow the advice I gave to robert64 in his thread, here.

http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...284-Nil-points

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by mickytrek View Post
    ok thank you for your help that the only letter i have had so far.
    i will have to appeal against it if i can as last time must have been placed in another group as did not have to go to these meetings.
    First check to see if you meet the Support Group criteria.

Can be found here: https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ev-oct2013.pdf

They are on Page 18.

There is no point appealing if you don't think you will meet them. Being placed in the Support Group does not mean you will be placed in that group again. The criteria has to be met.
    Last edited by removed; 21-06-14 at 11:46.