Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Early retirement due to ill health

Early retirement due to ill health

Hi all, I am happy to say that my employer has today granted me ill health early retirement.
    Can the DWP/ESA find me fit for work when my employer has deemed me not? One of the conditions of accepting the pension is that I am not to work, has anyone got any knowledge about this?

Scotty1

That is what I was awarded and this helped to move me from WRAG to support.

removed
    Quote Originally Posted by firebird View Post
    That is what I was awarded and this helped to move me from WRAG to support.
    The DWP has it's own criteria for its benefits. In essence the DWP can find you fit for work even though your employer has deemed you unfit.

You can not force the DWP to accept a decision made by someone else.

Hi.

I am still waiting on a decision from my ex employer's Occupational Health doctor. BT let me go because of 'impaired capability due to ill health.' The cwu branch dealing with my case said it's the first case they have dealt with like this in over 20 years and they are learning as they go along with my case.

I don't hold out much hope though. I'm glad you got yours though. Bless you

I'm glad you have been granted ill-health retirement. Usually it is a stipulation of accepting the offer of an ill-health pension that you do not work at all, or do not work within defined parameters (such as more than a certain number of hours per week or in certain types of work). The rules depend on the pension scheme or insurance policy that is granting ill-health retirement, and you should clarify them with the administrators of the scheme if you have any questions.

You must tell the office paying your ESA about any pension, as it can affect both Contributions Based and Income Related ESA.

ESA entitlement depends only on the ESA rules, so it is possible to be found Fit for Work for ESA after getting ill-health retirement from an employer. However, most ill-health retirement decisions require proving a higher level of incapacity than ESA does.

Hi cookmysock, I have worked for this company for 30 years, I haven't seen any paperwork yet to confirm amounts so still up in the air, they phoned me today to say it had gone through, I am 47 now and the company should recognise a retirement age of 65 , giving me 48 years service so could be a nice little pension.

My PIP starts tomorrow , enhanced/enhanced so things are starting to look up for me, hope your union can sort it for you

Scotty

Hi flymo, hope your feeling better from your thread yesterday morning, I just can't get straight in my head that my X employer says I'm not fit for work & ESA could say GET A JOB

Spotty

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty1 View Post
    Hi flymo, hope your feeling better from your thread yesterday morning, I just can't get straight in my head that my X employer says I'm not fit for work & ESA could say GET A JOB

Spotty
    Yes mate, it's madness. I supplied esa with my employers rationale and they disregarded it anyway. I've been put in the support group and when the report comes through I will be asking for a MR and appeal if necessary. If I can't do a desk job I don't know what job they expect me to do!

Sorry wrag I mean. Silly me

Cookmysock, I think your the same as me, give me my health back, give me my job back, & tell the DWP what they can do with their benefits, if only

Scotty