Thread: Help with buying a seizure bed alarm any help???

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    kellydugandzic

Help with buying a seizure bed alarm any help???

Good morning, 3 weeks ago I found my 3 year old son who is diagnosed with Cerebral Palsy at 6 months to be having his first Epileptic seizure in his sleep.

It was extremely frightening as I did not know what was going on or what to do, he is now on Epilim Liquid but is sleeping in our room with us as we are too nervous to put him back into his room without a bed alarm.

There are so many different products out there that I was realy hoping for some feedback if anyone has one installed in there homes?

Many thanks
    Kelly x

Excuse my ignorance Kelly as I know nothing about this type of thing, but surely the NHS or social services provide these alarms ?

Have you gone down this route first ?

Epilepsy Alarm

Hi- dont know if youve managed to get an epilepsy alarm yet for your son but have you tried the Muir Maxwell Trust? They will provide alarms for children with epilepsy free of charge if your son meets the criteria. Like everywhere at the moment there is a waiting list but they are still supplying alarms to folk. Hope this helps. Good luck!