Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: music that inspires you

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Prob damaged my hearing for a week but fantastic.
    I'm fortunate to have a set of custom moulded musician's earplugs with flat response filters. These do not colour what you're hearing in any way - they just drop the volume.

Unfortunately the price is scary because of the custom and hand made nature. For me, it's been well worth it, as I get to go to quite a few gigs and find I can't cope with loud noise any more.

If custom moulds are too expensive, there are good generic fit musician's earplugs available. Please look after your hearing everyone - damage can be permanent follow a single exposure.

My musical tastes are very wide. I'm writing this whilst listening to Allegri's Miserere (in a performance by The Sixteen under Harry Christophers).

(I have no connection to ACS other than as a satisfied customer).

Actually a steward at said concert must have seen me in the wheelchair and taken pity. He gave me a pair! As it was so loud, it didn't lessen the enjoyment one bit!

Quote Originally Posted by deebee View Post
    I am going to a pub in Kingston upon Thames tonight to hear the Klaxons play
    The tickets were only 13 quid and that included their new CD
    I saw the Klaxons a couple of years ago - pretty good live! Enjoy!

thanks............

Coldplay - A Sky Full Of Stars

http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/p02f2hf3

I know all the words! Love the drummer - reminds me of 'animal' from the muppets!

Last edited by Lighttouch; 12-12-14 at 22:28.

im a massive fan of paloma faith too. i loved the first album so much i didnt know if the second would match up, but its great. i love my music. My cd and record collection is massive, plus my tapes. I started taping the top 40 in 1980 when i was 12 and i finished in 1996 and still have every single tape and the tape recorder. i have had to sell a lot of my belongings over the past few years but my music collection is untouchable. i am also a musician and play guitar, classical guitar, keyboards, ukulele, mandolin and drums. Music keeps me sane and alive. i used to play in bands. i cant do that anymore but i know its there for me if i ever can do it again. i often think how awful the world would be without music.

@ Sandy, I used to tape the Top 40 too, cos I couldn't afford all the singles. You're really gifted being able to play a variety of instruments like you do. I wish I could.

General - I'm stuck in the 80's I'm afraid - although I do have an eclectic taste. I generally like what used to be called something along the lines of 'soft rock', but I also like piano instrumentals, especially Chopin & Bach, but overall something like Bryan Adams. I also like Sam Smith.

@ Lighttouch - love the pic lol.

Quote Originally Posted by tattymama View Post
    @ Sandy, I used to tape the Top 40 too, cos I couldn't afford all the singles. You're really gifted being able to play a variety of instruments like you do. I wish I could.

General - I'm stuck in the 80's I'm afraid - although I do have an eclectic taste. I generally like what used to be called something along the lines of 'soft rock', but I also like piano instrumentals, especially Chopin & Bach, but overall something like Bryan Adams. I also like Sam Smith.

@ Lighttouch - love the pic lol.
    i remember actually crying when i had to tape over tapes. But then relatives started buying them for my borthday and christmas so i always had a supply. I would have had a lot more taped top 40's if i hadnt had to reuse the tapes in the early days. Now people borrow them off me just for the curiosity factor. i sometimes lissten to them and it takes me back to happy places. i can hear my famil on the recordings, my dad deceased now, as well as my beloved first dog barking and playing on the tapes, and me and my brother singing along and shouting at people to 'shut up im because im taping' lol. Believe me when you learn one musical intrument (my first was piano) and the basics of reading music its not difficult to transfer the knowledge and skill to other instruments as your rarely learning from scratch again. Aww its nice to talk about something cheery for a change :-) x