Thread: Can someone lend me some advice regarding Council rent?

Can someone lend me some advice regarding Council rent?

Hi everyone,

Most of you know my situation, but I will explain just in case people don't know or have forgotten.
    I am a married man and a dad of four young boy's aged 5,4 and 2. We currently live in a four bedroom house and we pay bedroom tax on our youngest boy's room as he is classed as too young to have his own room.

I am currently on the assessment stage for ESA and I am waiting on a decision for both ESA and PIP.
    I currently receive Child benefit and Child tax credits.

If I am awarded PIP and additional carers allowance and ESA, I know I will have to notify my local authority, but would I be expected to pay any extra towards my rent? If so, do you know how much?

Thanks in advance

Guy

There's many permutations depending on exactly what happens.

Unless I'm misremembering, PIP will either leave your Housing Benefit alone or will increase it (and therefore decrease your rent) depending on the Daily Living award.

ESA is really too complex to say, as it has so many interactions.

Don't forget to update the Tax Credits people as required.

Cheers flymo, much appreciated.