Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Hello, I am new on here. Just need some advice - much appreciated. (Sorry It's long)

davewhit
    Quote Originally Posted by Shystar View Post
    Thank for the info.

I agree with you, firstly I think I need to go to speak to someone at CAB, to advise me which benefits I'd be better off later on. If I have a little chance of getting on to ESA, then I will sign on the Jobseekers and just explain my situation with my depression etc. Just hope they will not put extra pressure on me as such, I have had been diagnosed with Depression/Social Anxiety couple of months ago. Which I am getting some professional help to deal with it.

Should I inform the DLA about my Depression/Social Anxiety? Or just leave it for it now?

Thanks.
    you have to report changes to them, you have to work out does the change affect my claim ? is it something they need to know, and this call is yours regardless of any expert advise as your the one done if you have failed to report something they decided they feel it is important

You should be OK on ESA for the first 13 weeks. It is only after that time that the assessment is done and points awarded. The worst that can happen at that stage is being found fit for work, in which case you are back to signing on.
    You might just be put in the Work Related Activity Group though - which is surely less hassle than signing on for JSA. Either way - JSA or WRAG - it might be worth asking them to put you on a BSL course to keep the DWP off your back for a while?

I would only inform DLA if you want to be re-assessed for a higher band. If not I would leave well alone. But we can ALL give you advice but at the end of the day, it does have to be YOUR decision and YOUR decision alone I'm afraid.

Good luck

Hello again.

Just a little update - I applied DLA to see If I could get Middle Rate with the help from CAB/Deaf adviser, but I haven't heard anything back. DWP did write back to me, as It would take up to 11 weeks to hear, It's has been like 6 weeks now.

Well my income support stop on the 6th of March. I have applied for ESA 3 weeks ago and should get my first payment tomorrow. I received the ESA50A forum already, yesterday morning and need to be back before 11th of April. I did not realized how tough and difficult to fill in the forum, I am still waiting to hear from my local CAB, as she is arranging me for home appointment with an Benefit Adviser asps. I joined up on B&W website, I read the ESA Guides and has been a real help.

My GP signed me off for 6 months, but I got a letter from my local JC saying that, they can only accept 3 months and I have to send in another sick note in early June.

I have made appointment to see my GP first thing tomorrow, I am going to ask for a letter to support my evidence, what If she says no? Can I pay for one? I have got a letter from my counsellor explain about Self-Esteem/Anixety to back the evidence. I know I will have to face to face medical, I know ATOS like to twist things and so I will expect to fail. I read some awful stories on the internet, MS/Cancer Patients are being passed fit.

You are doing all the right things. You GP usually gets a form to fill in.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Thank you for your reply, Stephen.

My GP has written a brilliant supporting letter for my ESA50A, she did not charge me for it. I made some copies of the letter, just incase. I am going to CAB next Monday with my mum, as they are going to help to fill in the forum.

Good for you. The CAb know how to fill it in & can answer many questions you may have.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Well I went to see a CAB adviser yesterday morning, she was useless and did not really had a clue how to fill in the forums. She kinda of rush it personally and I was only in the room for half a hour. Some were good but the CAB adviser tick the box that I were having Chemotherapy treatment, I did not realised this once I read it through. She has made a right cock-up some of it and did not really put much details about my condition. (I gave her 2 pages explaining about my disabilities etc) I cried yesterday as I felt under pressure and worried sick about this ESA50A forum.

So all yesterday afternoon with the help from my mum, we did the ESA50A online and did all over again. We follow some guideline from B&W website and put in much details about my condition/disability and how it's effect me. I am a bit worry because we did not ticks a few boxes. So we wrote in where it's say "use this space" and in full details. Will that be ok? . No wonder people are getting stress and worry sick about filling out the forum, It's so stressfull.

We finished the forum this lunch-time, after spending a few hours on it this morning. I've enclose with my support letter from GP and Counsellor. Oh well I will have to wait and see what the outcome will be.

I have photocopy my ESA50A to keep with me.
    Last edited by Shystar; 27-03-12 at 12:39.

You need to report this, a complaint to CAB. This is a serious matter. When you make an appointment it is done partly to make sure the person you will see is qualified. They are suppose to be trained. This is unacceptable. You were lucky, you were able to see the situation & correct it, others may not. You can make a complaint & they will investigate it.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen