Thread: Does a longer assessment = better chance at passing?

Does a longer assessment = better chance at passing?

I was told to expect my assessment to take 30 minutes on average and I was in there for around an hour and 30 minutes.
    The security guard commented to my wife that they rarely spend that much time with a claimant.

Also I hear there are two sections. WRAG and support group and that if you don't get enough points for WRAG then it's wrapped up pretty quickly?

Any thoughts?

It's impossible to correlate the length of assessment with the outcome. The assessment usually concludes when the assessor has either assessed you in all relevant areas. However, the assessor has the discretion to bring the assessment to an early end because they are convinced you have considerably more than 15 points and any possible routes to place you in the Support Group have been dealt with.

The 'extra' section for the Support Group rarely takes much time - it's just a case of the assessor determining if you meet any of the Schedule 3 criteria (all of which are 'yes' or 'no' - the difference between the Support Group and the Work Related Activity Group does not depend on points) or you meet the requirements of Regulation 35.

Right. thanks flymo. You're the only who ever bothers to respond.

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    Right. thanks flymo. You're the only who ever bothers to respond.
    I resent that comment, to be honest.

Sometimes, people don't know the answer and feel like that can't add anything to what has been said already. I'd rather reply and give correct information and advice on a subject that I do know about rather than incorrect advice that could make things worse.

You have to remember that pretty much everyone on here is in the same boat...

Hi flower angel. My topics are not always questions, sometimes discussions and I find it disheartening to see my threads getting over a hundred views and either flymo responds or no one does. Flymos advice is always sound advice and I respect him immensely but I feel like maybe I get ignored a lot of the time and wonder before posting if there is any point in actuallt posting at all.

I too resent that comment.

Flymo had responded to your post within approx' 23 minutes.
    Once Flymo has replied I personally find it unnecessary to add anything further as my personal input would only be from a 'laymans' perspective, and not from a professional / regulation quoting perspective.
    As you said Cookmysock, 'Flymo's advice is always sound advice and I respect him immensely......". Job done surely?

Quote Originally Posted by cookmysock View Post
    Hi flower angel. My topics are not always questions, sometimes discussions and I find it disheartening to see my threads getting over a hundred views and either flymo responds or no one does. Flymos advice is always sound advice and I respect him immensely but I feel like maybe I get ignored a lot of the time and wonder before posting if there is any point in actuallt posting at all.
    I often read threads and comments or discussions and then decide to reply later and forgot..I'm terrible for doing that.

I also don't reply if there's nothing I can add of use or if it's a subject I'm not particularly interested in.

It really isn't personal, sorry if you think it is.

There are plenty of people here with advice and information that they can give from their personal experience.

I know how important it is that advice given is accurate and if I am not sure then I will not post.

Also, have the time or energy to be on the forum all day, replying to lots of threads.

I'll try again as my comment seems to have got lost.

There are lots of people on here who can give advice and information based on their own personal experience.

Not everyone on here has the time or energy to be on here all day, replying to threads, especially when long detailed replies have already gone up.

Quote Originally Posted by rich-ward View Post
    I'll try again as my comment seems to have got lost.

There are lots of people on here who can give advice and information based on their own personal experience.

Not everyone on here has the time or energy to be on here all day, replying to threads, especially when long detailed replies have already gone up.
    Absolutely - I fully agree.